• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CIGuy

Nov 4, 2008
    Aberdeen, MD
    Looking for opinions on the knoxx stock from those who have used one. Are they good, bad, or just OK? Thanks.

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I have one on my maverick 88 fits nice . feels solid and I like the adjustable LOP . I can't tell you how well it reduces recoil I have yet to shoot it but i have read good things.

rondon600

Mar 16, 2009
    I went with the Enidine Shot Shok / Mesa Tactical telescoping stock adapter and Magpul milspec CTR. looks great... but I still havent shot it!

HarEngSer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 4, 2008
    Bel Air
    I have the wire top folder and the stock is just for show. Its like having a 4x4 sholdered and the instructions warn you not to put your head on it.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I love the Knoxx stock. Don't believe the hype about 80% recoil reduction or whatever the kids are saying these days. It's a good 50%, takes the edge off and a bit more, but it's not like getting kissed by an angel when you pull the trigger. Buy with confidence :thumbsup:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a specops and love it. It works well(like boondock said probably about a 50% recoil reduction), makes 3" slugs manageable, and 2 3/4" buck shot flat out comfortable to shoot, not to mention the comfortable pistol grip and adjustable stock it adds. There are some quirks though. Being the action, and the trigger guard slide to the rear, if you lay your middle finger aggainst the trigger guard while holding the grip, it will bite your finger, and bite it good, same thing will happen to your face if you get a cheek weld on the stock right on the gap between the "buffer tube" and shoulder stock. Luckily Knoxx makes an accesory pack that includes 2 different cheek risers, one for a bead or iron sights, the other for an optic, these risers let you get a cheek weld above the moving parts, and keeps you from getting bit. It takes some getting used to, and you do need to fire a few full power loads before the stock will move smoothly, and break in.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    +1 on alucard saying if you get the cheek weld in the wrong place.....got a decent sized bruise/swelling on my face

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Knoxx Compstock. Awesome stuff. Good rubberized texrure, Hogue quality. With excellent recoil reduction. Doesn't feel like your shooting it. Very nice. I would never take it off mu 870.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Looking for opinions on the knoxx stock from those who have used one. Are they good, bad, or just OK? Thanks.

I have one on my 870. I have shot 35 slugs out of it at one range session and felt absolutely nothing in the way of discomfort afterwards. Agree with Alucard. Do be careful about cheek weld so you don't get bruised.

Stu

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Love my Knoxx SpecOps stock.

DSCN0002.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member