• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I was thinking about giving it a try. I go around the bay bridge or south of it. Is that a good area? Also, what kind of bait should be good this time of year? I was thinking about spoon lures with a planer. Has anyone been doing this ? Thanks

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Going out tomorrow. First time this year. I'm not sure what our tactics will be.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Where are you going? Good luck and Let me know how it goes

He keeps his boat in Herrinton Harbor.
    Might not go. Can't find anyone else to come along. So far, it's just us two. We would be trolling.
    Look'n like I may be deer hunting instead.

Good luck tomorrow!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    damn

He keeps his boat in Herrinton Harbor.
    Might not go. Can't find anyone else to come along. So far, it's just us two. We would be trolling.
    Look'n like I may be deer hunting instead.

Good luck tomorrow!

I would go but I am heading north next week salmon fishing. Had a blast last time

duckduckgoose

Sep 7, 2016
    Annapolis, MD
    Without giving away too much, I usually have luck near/between Bloody Point and Poplar Island. Typically use chartreuse or white swim shad, planer board off each side, 8-10 rods total.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Without giving away too much, I usually have luck near/between Bloody Point and Poplar Island. Typically use chartreuse or white swim shad, planer board off each side, 8-10 rods total.

You're not giving much away. Pretty much one of our routines as well, though I'm kinda green at this point. First time out since last fall.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008

Thanks for the tip. My brother was off bloody point just south of Kent Island yesterday and was trolling with a planer and a drone lure. He said he didn’t get anything at all. He was trolling from the lighthouse to the fish preserve area But I suppose I should look into using what you used. What speed do you troll at? And how much line do you let out?

OldTimeyGoodness

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 2, 2020
    Spoon will work fine. Run at 2-3 different depths. Best bet is to keep your eyes peeled for groups of birds, they are feeding on the same bait pools as the rockfish. Find the birds find the fish ALWAYS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom