• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/politics/cnn-town-hall-parkland/index.html

The NRA accepted CNN's invitation to participate in the town hall and national spokeswoman Dana Loesch will represent the organization.
    The CNN town hall, "Stand Up: The Students of Stoneman Douglas Demand Action," will also bring together the victims' classmates, parents and other community members, as well as Florida Rep. Ted Deutch and Sens. Bill Nelson and Marco Rubio.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel has also agreed to participate.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It's what they need to do. Can't win the war staying in friendly territory.

I do hope they are on their A game, and I hope that CNN takes security seriously and this doesn't turn into a thing where the audience shouts over the NRAs answers.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    When will people learn.....You can't debate facts when the other side will use emotions. There's no winning the debate against a mother crying over her dead child. It will only end badly.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I am more inclined to attend this town hall.

6a797238b3783e1d687e328127c34ccc-642_428.jpg

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    When will people learn.....You can't debate facts when the other side will use emotions. There's no winning the debate against a mother crying over her dead child. It will only end badly.

I am inclined to agree. Anything she says will be clipped, edited, and made into one-sided soundbites.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It's what they need to do. Can't win the war staying in friendly territory.

I do hope they are on their A game, and I hope that CNN takes security seriously and this doesn't turn into a thing where the audience shouts over the NRAs answers.

They need to bring their A++++ game, and not count on CNN to do anything to help them. Worse, CNN has moles and feeds the opposition questions and answers.

I am not hopeful.

That said, you may be right, not showing up is probably worse. Thank god its Dana Loesch and not WLP.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This could be good...or very very bad. I guess we'll see how it turns out.

It will change exactly 0 minds on the issue.
    I’m glad the NRA is showing up. We need our side told instead of a constant stream of “reporters” spewing their own opinions.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    The big evil killing people for money NRA vs parents of dead children, precisely the TV spectacle CNN thrives on. You already know the gun rights community will come out of this losing badly.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Dana's scrappy. She won't let people talk over her and drag her off topic. Pitting her against CNN talking heads and Florida politicians is going to be like throwing Obama into the octagon with Rhonda Rousey.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Agreed. She will be cut off, yelled at, and belittled. This will not end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    prob is we have millions of folk that just don't like guns. they don't hunt, they don't own them for SD, they don't target shoot or compete. other than cops having guns, they believe that more guns out there can only do them harm and be used against them, not for them. with no (perceived) benefit to them, they just want them all gone. and 2a has no relevance to them, guessing and hoping the govt tyranny will never rise to levels where armed rebellion is needed. they vote. they march. they get heard and they get seen. they have celebs dumping millions for their cause (oprah and clooney), they get tv (and internet/youtube) coverage.

we need to do the same. and we need to convert some of these over to our side. see how much fun hunting is. how much fun target shooting is.

we're way behind the 8-ball. "gun violence" is unfortunately an established term, which implies guns had some or much to do with the violent and illegal acts, vs just "violence" which of course is fists, bats, knives and also guns but at least implies there is a person doing evil vs an object making or helping him commit that violence.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    These CNN town halls are usually very good and well balanced.

Lot so of good questions with plenty of time given for answers.

Will there be political plants in the audience? Absolutely.

But the same can be said for FNC town halls.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    prob is we have millions of folk that just don't like guns. they don't hunt, they don't own them for SD, they don't target shoot or compete. other than cops having guns, they believe that more guns out there can only do them harm and be used against them, not for them. with no (perceived) benefit to them, they just want them all gone. and 2a has no relevance to them, guessing and hoping the govt tyranny will never rise to levels where armed rebellion is needed. they vote. they march. they get heard and they get seen. they have celebs dumping millions for their cause (oprah and clooney), they get tv (and internet/youtube) coverage.

we need to do the same. and we need to convert some of these over to our side. see how much fun hunting is. how much fun target shooting is.

we're way behind the 8-ball. "gun violence" is unfortunately an established term, which implies guns had some or much to do with the violent and illegal acts, vs just "violence" which of course is fists, bats, knives and also guns but at least implies there is a person doing evil vs an object making or helping him commit that violence.

This. We can't convince politicians to change their minds with signs and emails, so we need to convince the public to change the politicians. We can't win over the public if we cower from debates and hide in the shadows, afraid to lose. This is the time we need to be vocal, and I think Dana is the absolute best person to vocalize our side at this moment in time.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    CNN has had a countdown clock up for this "event" for over two days. They'll keep adding the gasoline as long as possible.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    It will change exactly 0 minds on the issue.
    I’m glad the NRA is showing up. We need our side told instead of a constant stream of “reporters” spewing their own opinions.

Of course no minds will be changed. People don't want to listen to facts or logic on the matter - they just dig in their heels, put their fingers in their ears, and keep parroting the same ridiculous crap they hear in the media.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom