• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    A range finder, and Thermal camera for tracking will help eliminate that. Yes, it sucks to lose deer, especially after a long search, and nothing to show for it.

You will find high end range finders only hit a house size object at their maximum distance. I have both cheap and expensive. Cheap is good for bow hunting.

bbarrows32

Golf Guru
    Feb 25, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    A^2 + B^2 = C^2
    Mark some trees around permanent stands when you cut your shooting lanes. Or better yet tie a 30yard string to your stand and walk around and mark whatever you want with paint or ribbon.

If you use a climber get a range finder. I've used the bushnell PinSeeker (golf) and it has worked for rifle hunting a field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I bought a Bushnell the second year they came out. I've had it ever since. Every year I say I'm going to replace it, but why? It still works great! It doesn't have the more modern angle compensating software but I figured out way back then, while I sit in my treestand 'shooting' range measurements with it, I'll shoot at the base of a tree near a trail. Then I move up the tree to a point level with my self. That gives me true yardage to the trail at the suspected shooting lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom