• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I always hear the BS non-gun owners try to push on gun owners as safety issues. They want firearms to be out of reach from children, and locked up. How about we go about doing that in our own way, when and where we see fit? Why not push our own issues that we want to see put into law? Why not go on the offensive?

How about refundable tax credits for money spent on firearm safes?

Tax credits apply directly to the amount of taxes owed, refundable tax credits allow you to receive money back if you do not owe taxes.

I'm sure this would benefit a few people out there who may have inadequate storage for their firearms and who would like to participate.

If it only saves just one life, right? How would the gun control groups/politicians be able to justify fighting against this?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Much better to require mandatory gun safety and safe gun handling courses taught to all children. Eddie Eagle for younger children and an additional course when they are older.

When the libs say gun safety for the children we should say proper training for all because you never know when a child may happen upon a gun so they should know what is safe to do.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I always hear the BS non-gun owners try to push on gun owners as safety issues. They want firearms to be out of reach from children, and locked up. How about we go about doing that in our own way, when and where we see fit? Why not push our own issues that we want to see put into law? Why not go on the offensive?

How about refundable tax credits for money spent on firearm safes?

Tax credits apply directly to the amount of taxes owed, refundable tax credits allow you to receive money back if you do not owe taxes.

I'm sure this would benefit a few people out there who may have inadequate storage for their firearms and who would like to participate.

If it only saves just one life, right? How would the gun control groups/politicians be able to justify fighting against this?

Gun safety doesn't mean safes and education anymore, it's all about bans and onerous regulations according to the libs.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    I thought gun safety was being so proficient you can draw, fire and hit a gang banger holding a hostage in front of him as a shield in the left eye in under 1 second - saving the hostage. No?

Sadly, I'm only able to draw, fire and hit a 2" target in 1.08 seconds. I need some government ammo subsidy to reduce both time and grouping.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Much better to require mandatory gun safety and safe gun handling courses taught to all children. Eddie Eagle for younger children and an additional course when they are older.

When the libs say gun safety for the children we should say proper training for all because you never know when a child may happen upon a gun so they should know what is safe to do.

Yup, have Eddie Eagle classes in the public elementary classes with an opt out for the true hoplophobes. We teach sex ed, the consequences of illegal drug use, and other non-classic education but life skill stuff in the schools, so why not also teach kids about responsible gun use - which for little kids is avoiding a discovered gun and finding an adult instead. Moreover there is instruction over the years (in history classes and other contexts) about free speech and voting rights in school, so why should information on firearms be verboten (rhetorical)?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I thought gun safety was being so proficient you can draw, fire and hit a gang banger holding a hostage in front of him as a shield in the left eye in under 1 second - saving the hostage. No?

Sadly, I'm only able to draw, fire and hit a 2" target in 1.08 seconds. I need some government ammo subsidy to reduce both time and grouping.

I get your point. Agreed.

Impressive skill. If I may ask, what distance and is this from concealment?

Also, if the perp sees you making that move, don't you think he will move?

Have to trained in any stealth draw techniques?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    ...Moreover there is instruction over the years (in history classes and other contexts) about free speech and voting rights in school, so why should information on firearms be verboten (rhetorical)?

Where are those subjects taught in a positive, accurate manner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom