• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Idea: Buy a Glock. ;)

Just kidding, sorry that happened, nice gun otherwise.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    File the nub flush some. Center drill the nub. Drill a hole in the nub. Then use an easy out to bite into the drilled hole to turn the nub.

An easy out is a strange and magical spiral fluted doohickey that grips when turned counterclockwise.

Used to remove right hand (clockwise) threaded thingies. Not to be confused with thingies that go up.

Yup, That was my second thought after cutting a edge into the Nub and using the screw driver. :party29:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    So you got it out by cutting a slot in it?

Nah i havent touched it yet, but another member suggested I cut the slot on the 1st page which was my first thinking. However at the bottom of page one I posted that i was offered by a IP today that if i buy the part they will help me out. They are good ppl and I have done Business with them a few times.. Still its a very nice offer.

Last edited:

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Its very close but i tried to just clamp them on last night and they pop right back off. Not a whole lot there

Lots of rounds through it but never a hiccup from this gun. It really is my favorite.
    Darn! I was hoping you could get a hold of it somehow and turn it so that you could remove the slide and make the repair yourself. I love my P228 and P938, but have to share that the front sight tru glow fiber part of the optic came off of the P938 while firing it. The good news is that I could still fire the gun accurately: the front sight is still very visible. I found the fiber and glued it back in.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    File the nub flush some. Center drill the nub. Drill a hole in the nub. Then use an easy out to bite into the drilled hole to turn the nub.

An easy out is a strange and magical spiral fluted doohickey that grips when turned counterclockwise.

Used to remove right hand (clockwise) threaded thingies. Not to be confused with thingies that go up.

I think that he will have to use a tap instead of an easy-out. Doesn't that little lever turn clockwise? Easy-outs turn counter-clockwise to remove right-hand screws. (I don't own a Sig so maybe you've got it right.)

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    My love affair with JB Kwik would have that sucker out in 10 minutes.

Drill a hole in the nub. Drill same size hole in the end of an allen head screw.

Cut the drill shank off and use it and JB Kwik to fuse the nub and the screw together.

Half the shank would go into the nub and the portion of the shank sticking above the nub would go into the end of the screw.

Then an allen wrench to turn it left or right.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I'd send it back. Hard to tell for sure seeing it over a phone screen, but that break looks to me like the part was defective from day one. Thinking they look at that break and say the same. Nothing on your pistol says abuse.

You need new night sights anyway. Save your time, let the factory clean it up and respring it, and you position the factory to have been the last one into your pistol should anything else go wrong in the near future. My .02.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    If it is in the closed/locked position you have to turn it clockwise about a 1/4 turn right? Not on guns but I have gotten broken head fasteners out by dremeling a screw slot and turning with a screw driver. It looks like flats might be able to be filed onto that little nub sticking out for turning with a wrench. I'd be a little hesitant if it were my firearm though.
    maybe this would work...?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Speed-O...686255?hash=item4d21087d2f:g:RVcAAOSwPe1TzJC0

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Any day I don't have to trust UPS or Fed Ex with my gun is a good day. But replacing the night sights changes things.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    impossibru_400x400.jpg

Sigs dont break!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Sig's response sucks IMO if they offer a lifetime warranty. I've sent guns to Ruger and told them that I messed something up and asked them to fix and bill me. Always fixed for free and free return shipping.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I agree. They said if it was within the first year they would have covered it but because its a Older pistol, they would send me a a return label but it would be on my dime. I told him that sucks especially when i seen online by doing a quick search that others have had this happen and they said it was cause Sig had outsourced the part and it was made of cheap Material.. to that he was very quiet. :lol2:

I was real proud of finally getting a Sig 226 years ago, a smith laughed and told me I'd be seeing him down the road because of all the cast parts vs. steel in the older models

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick

That is what I would do. Less chance of damage. Easy outs work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom