• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarrellA

Jacksonian Independent
    Aug 20, 2013
    MD
    The CZ boys were not exaggerating, the CZ455 Varmint is sweet! I was sighting in the Nikon 4-12x40 Prostaff Rimfire II in the center target at 50 yards. The targets at the 4 corners were fine tuning and blazing away.

The single target was at 100 yards. That was the best group, it is a really breezy day at AGC and a bit much for a .22 at 100 yards.

Attachments

• DSCN5021.jpg
      DSCN5021.jpg
      82 KB · Views: 314
    • DSCN5025.jpg
      DSCN5025.jpg
      83 KB · Views: 306
    • DSCN5024.jpg
      DSCN5024.jpg
      63 KB · Views: 301

Winebike

May 11, 2009
    CZ755 rifles are crazy accurate as you are finding. Shooting 17HMR at 200 yards, you can expect an 1.5 inch group. BTW, CCI makes Federal 17HMR. I don't see any significant different between the two when shooting. They both achieve small, tight groups.

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    Very nice shooting. I was at AGC today with my CZ455V. Sanner's Lake has a rimfire bench match this Sunday afternoon. I am headed down there.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Excellent out of the box shooting with a fine rifle. If you go yo rimfirecentral and look at the stickys in the CZ forum there are some very simple trigger mods that will get your groups even tighter. I'd be happy with you have so far at my age, and eyes.

Last edited:

DarrellA

Jacksonian Independent
    Aug 20, 2013
    MD
    Excellent out of the box shooting with a fine rifle. If you go yo rimfirecentral and look at the sticks in the CZ forum there are some very simple trigger mods that will get your groups even tighter. I'd be happy with you have so far at my age, and eyes.

I already lightened the trigger with the YoDave kit. At first I used the replacement pin supplied with the kit but it made the entire works loose and sloppy. I reinstalled the original pin and everything tightened back up. If there is creep in the trigger it's less than I'm able to detect.

The lighter trigger spring was a definite improvement. My groups may or may not tighten up with more practice. One of the reasons for getting the .22 was to do a lot of shooting with inexpensive ammo try to refine my shooting technique to something respectable. We'll see how that works out for me! :D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I already lightened the trigger with the YoDave kit. At first I used the replacement pin supplied with the kit but it made the entire works loose and sloppy. I reinstalled the original pin and everything tightened back up. If there is creep in the trigger it's less than I'm able to detect.

The lighter trigger spring was a definite improvement. My groups may or may not tighten up with more practice. One of the reasons for getting the .22 was to do a lot of shooting with inexpensive ammo try to refine my shooting technique to something respectable. We'll see how that works out for me! :D

I had the same experience with the Yo Dave kit. Just a lighter spring worked wonders. You can also use and Ace Hardware #144 spring or Fastenal 162-A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom