• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    What do the import markings on these look like? Are they the small, stamped markings like all the Century imported arms used to have or are they the GIANT BILLBOARD markings I've seen on recent Mosins?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Not much information on there. Someone needs to buy one to find out.
    I paid I think $329 for my post War P1 and I really like shooting it. $120 is not much more for a P38 if its either WWII or early post war mint

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Don't know anything about import marks but do know that when I applied to ATF import a P38 in 1972 the permit stated that the pistol must have at least a 5 or 6 (forgot which) digit serial number to distinguish from war trophies which were prohibited.

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Tried checking their inventory by "ordering." Got this msg. - regardless of quantity:

The requested quantity for "WWII German P-38 9mm 5'' Sprewerke Factory Made" is not available.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its actually not a bad price given what the market has been bringing. I have watched WWII era P38's climb a couple hundred over the last 6 months.

These are also extremely good shooters, my father has three of them and even the roughest is like pointing a laser.

Anyone get one of these? I am also curious if they are discretely import marked and I assume they are mixed parts.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I posted this for all those WWII collectors.

PSA's firearm sales are FINAL. I would call them to get your questions answered before you plunk down the $450.

I'm only concerned that there is no grading info on these. PSA has a pretty good rep otherwise.

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Arrived today. I admit I had low expectations due to low price and skimpy description, so all I can say is WOW!

I would say overall condition is VG+. A lot of pitting on the included magazine but not the pistol. Did not take it down yet but frame/slide/barrel numbers all match.

A real bonus is no importer billboard - just a teeny tiny "ATI Roch. NY" on the front grip strap. The font size is so small I needed a magnifying lens to read it.

I believe these are Russian captures as there is an X stamped on the left side of the slide but does not appear to be refinished. All markings are very sharp with nothing peened out.

Has a low 4-digit d serial number - April 1943 maybe?

Will try to get some pics up this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom