• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    I picked up the sports afield safe from Costco a few weeks ago and just got an email saying because of high demand it will not arrive until dec.13 "or so". but the internal power was a big selling point for me... the only problem is now the one at dicks (without power) is $200 less... is internal power really worth that much?

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I picked up the sports afield safe from Costco a few weeks ago and just got an email saying because of high demand it will not arrive until dec.13 "or so". but the internal power was a big selling point for me... the only problem is now the one at dicks (without power) is $200 less... is internal power really worth that much?
    Yes. It is.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I ended up going to the WM Dick's and ordering one of the $399 Field & Stream 24 gun specials.

Not the best safe in the world, I know, but it will do what I need it to do, and it fit the budget. Getting it into my house is going to be fun, but I've got a plan.

Cranky

Aug 2, 2010
    The Right side of the Bay
    In my opinion $200 is not worth it, you can get some battery button LED lights and still have enough left over for several hundred rounds of ammo :D. I think some people like if so that can put an air dryer in there but it deepens on what makes you happy.

Cranky

Aug 2, 2010
    The Right side of the Bay
    Just about any safe is better than stacking you toys in a closet in my opinion.

I ended up going to the WM Dick's and ordering one of the $399 Field & Stream 24 gun specials.

Not the best safe in the world, I know, but it will do what I need it to do, and it fit the budget. Getting it into my house is going to be fun, but I've got a plan.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Just about any safe is better than stacking you toys in a closet in my opinion.

Exactly. Especially since I've got a little guy in the house now, which is the main purpose for the thing.

Even aside from that, if I can slow the casual residential smash & grab types down enough, that'll do the job. I don't expect to be hit by guys wielding a plasma torch or thermal lance any time soon. ;)

DkKnight

Dec 9, 2010
    MD
    I ended up getting the Tractor Supply Winchester 24 gun safe that was on sale, got it home and upstairs with the help of 3 others.
    Not a bad deal and will hold what we have securely and easy to access for us if needed.
    Would love to have gotten the 48 gun widebody that was on sale for $699, but it def would not fit upstairs.

Paul in MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom