• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    Is that something just made up ? Most people I know would need a bug out trailer. Who is going to leave behind all their material and to go where?
    Some place where you wish you had all your stuff? Maybe a bug out semi.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    pfft.. bag will do..

if shtf.. you think the roads will be clear? even a freaking snow will jam the roads around here.. yet alone you hauling a trailer.. ;)

btw.. several threads on bugout bags what not are already around.. do a search.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Thats my point.Roads will be jammed.You have to go afoot.Unless you are protecting loved ones who cant travel.Then its the Alamo for you and all your loved ones.

I'm not sure I know your point, it looks like you did a 180 in mid-thread.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm not sure where I'd be heading exactly. Here at home I have food, water (well), power, couple thousand gallons of fuel, (diesel generator and oil heat), guns, ammo,............ cable tv.

Where is it everyone would be heading? High ground?

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    I'm not sure I know your point, it looks like you did a 180 in mid-thread.

I was saying a bug out bag wont work for most of the people I know.They will make a stand where they are.Unless of course there is plenty of notice.Then the trailer reference would be needed. The food ,meds,and everything else on hand will have to do in case of a disaster with no warning.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    I'm not sure where I'd be heading exactly. Here at home I have food, water (well), power, couple thousand gallons of fuel, (diesel generator and oil heat), guns, ammo,............ cable tv.

Bug out bag is a general term....What if you are at work or the grocery store? or traveling say 20mi away from home? got to have SOMETHING to get you home, those supplies are useless if you cant get home to utilize them

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Bug out bag is a general term....What if you are at work or the grocery store? or traveling say 20mi away from home? got to have SOMETHING to get you home, those supplies are useless if you cant get home to utilize them

Not really a general term.

That would be a get home bag...

http://whatifitistoday.blogspot.com/2012/09/is-your-get-home-bag-joke.html

"We carry two types of bags. There's the Get Home Bag and the Bug Out Bag. These two bags should not be the same. If they are then you are just playing."

http://preppersinformation.com/preppers-checklist-get-home-bag

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I was saying a bug out bag wont work for most of the people I know.They will make a stand where they are.Unless of course there is plenty of notice.Then the trailer reference would be needed. The food ,meds,and everything else on hand will have to do in case of a disaster with no warning.

I would consider mine more of a get home bag.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    It's Alamo for as long as I can, unless it's something that would make the house uninhabitable. Then the BOB till I die in the tall grass.:D

May 13, 2005

Orbital platform. That's pretty much the high ground. Got enough stashed there for a decade and a Rocket fueled and waiting. Plus you can nuke the site from orbit :cool:

Seriously tho, there are a bazillion post on this, go search MD preparedness forum too, or whatever it's called. They might have some stuff for you there too.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Luckily, none of this nonsensical bullschit is ever going to happen. Its fun to hear about people spending time and money preparing for something (nothing) though.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Not really a general term.

That would be a get home bag...

http://whatifitistoday.blogspot.com/2012/09/is-your-get-home-bag-joke.html

"We carry two types of bags. There's the Get Home Bag and the Bug Out Bag. These two bags should not be the same. If they are then you are just playing."

http://preppersinformation.com/preppers-checklist-get-home-bag

I agree with Chale, same thing, different purpose. If you need 2 seperat bags to do those 2 things you are doing it wrong.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I am on the alamo plane!
    I do have a get home bag in the truck But i am not going anywhere unless we get flooded out or run out of ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom