• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    And I would have laughed if he shot over the edge of that bridge and laughed at him all the way down to the water. (But if anyone needed saving I'd probably step up...after laughing)
    I'm hoping with video tolling and the cameras on the bridge he got caught. It seems stupidity has no limits.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the cameras on the bridge... or dissecting this video, will probably bring a knock on someone's door... if it hasn't already.

Oops... I'm slow...

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Ocean City Records 277 Arrests, 345 Tows In Four Days

weekend-stats.jpg

30th & Baltimore Ave Saturday Night
    baltimore-avenue.jpg

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2020/09/28/ocean-city-records-277-arrests-345-tows-in-four-days

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Went by the impound lots at 7:30A.M. About thirty cars an a few trucks. The fun part is the thirty or so scooters an mini bikes. Next month watch GovDeals for the sale.

Felt bad for the kids(not) when I saw the cars on 2x4's to get them off the wreckers an the windows down, it rained some last night:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Campy told me Jr can't get his car(s) because it's in Daddie an Mommies name. The titled owner is the only person that can get it:lol2:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    When did the "person on title" to pick up car get instituted? My son had his towed waiting for girlfriend at her hotel Sr week 2019

We should know if this payed off or not before next spring's Senior week. They can take what they learned from this and apply it then.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    When did the "person on title" to pick up car get instituted? My son had his towed waiting for girlfriend at her hotel Sr week 2019

We should know if this payed off or not before next spring's Senior week. They can take what they learned from this and apply it then.

Don't know. Just have been told so by the Desk Sergeant. The Special Event Zone can't be used during June Bug week, not in the law as written. But that could change.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think the bringing in of more LE and cracking down on unruliness is the key to the spring breakers.
    there is a "bad element" that comes in and especially hangs around after midnight that causes most of the trouble.
    The "legit" teens/grads should be allowed and welcomed to have a fun time. Just not cause damage and be violent which often is not even the grads but people that drive down to prey on them and the town.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Ocean City Records 277 Arrests, 345 Tows In Four Days

weekend-stats.jpg

30th & Baltimore Ave Saturday Night
    baltimore-avenue.jpg

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2020/09/28/ocean-city-records-277-arrests-345-tows-in-four-days

I think the traffic stops would have been more except the officers spent so much time double and tripling up on the tows. Then they waited up to an hour for the tow truck. I know this cause I had the Rt90 cam up while watching TV and they were with a car for over an hour before it was towed.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Just heard on WCBM that the person doing the donut on the Bay Bridge is in the crosshairs of the "Man"...
    Hope the radio station follows up when they catch'em...

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Just heard on WCBM that the person doing the donut on the Bay Bridge is in the crosshairs of the "Man"...
    Hope the radio station follows up when they catch'em...

I want to watch them crush the car in front of him!!!!

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I still think someone on WCBM is a member here... WC access, and all that. I've noticed lots of coincidences in their programming/reporting... and discussions here... some too close to the vest. If so,:wave: and keep up the good work... carry on.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Keep in mind they were allowed to arrest for certain traffic violations under the new special event laws. That explains the big jump.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Similar traffic stops...significantly higher arrests and tows. Those stats don't help the city.

They were towing stock cars claiming that they were lowered or unsafe in some other arbitrary way, and towing for trivial modifications. Non stock, but legal, mufflers were getting $670 fines and $1k impound fees. Cars that were legal in their home state were getting towed. Burnouts used to be $70, but with the new laws you get into the thousands. Good luck getting any crowd to cover that.

Go ahead and impound people driving like ass hats, or that have actually unsafe cars. During the week, they were impounding cars as fast as the tow trucks could get there. By the time the weekend came, everyone with something to lose was gone. All that was left were people looking to party who didn't care about consequences.

Food Lion could even be fined for their billboard encouraging people to "send it".

deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    Would it necessarily be a bad idea if OC just negotiates to allow H2O as an event although in a more organized form with sanctioned events to entice H2O to police their own to maintain a bit of order? My thinking is a closed course at the convention center for a lot of the nonsense to be contained and organized safely, boardwalk auto parade, inlet auto show? If H2O can't contain it an bring control, then nothing. I mean dangle a carrot they want; for negotiation of what OC wants.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    They were towing stock cars claiming that they were lowered or unsafe in some other arbitrary way, and towing for trivial modifications. Non stock, but legal, mufflers were getting $670 fines and $1k impound fees. Cars that were legal in their home state were getting towed. Burnouts used to be $70, but with the new laws you get into the thousands. Good luck getting any crowd to cover that.

Go ahead and impound people driving like ass hats, or that have actually unsafe cars. During the week, they were impounding cars as fast as the tow trucks could get there. By the time the weekend came, everyone with something to lose was gone. All that was left were people looking to party who didn't care about consequences.

Food Lion could even be fined for their billboard encouraging people to "send it".

I don't think you'll get any arguments about people doing illegal/unsafe activities. By all means, deal with them accordingly. It's pretty obvious, as you mentioned, that they were targeting people.

That is no different than punishing us for a small group of bad gun owners.

We'll see how cruising weekend goes in 10 days. I'll be there.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Would it necessarily be a bad idea if OC just negotiates to allow H2O as an event although in a more organized form with sanctioned events to entice H2O to police their own to maintain a bit of order? My thinking is a closed course at the convention center for a lot of the nonsense to be contained and organized safely, boardwalk auto parade, inlet auto show? If H2O can't contain it an bring control, then nothing. I mean dangle a carrot they want; for negotiation of what OC wants.

Its possible but the problem is that people who will organize this won't be listened to. Its not like a Union where you vote then they all agree to abide by the vote. Just reading the facebook page there are a few types
    Those that did not go and called everyone who went stupid and had cheap cars
    Those that went and flamed people for acting stupid
    Those that went and said they did not care and will raise hell and come again next year. And those that did not raise hell were "Boomers" or "White Claw Drinkers"

There were lots of posts from people saying "see what you get for your behavior", or "H2Oi used to be a good time but you all ruined it"

Social media seemed to "work people up"

I think one issue is liability, no one wants to rent an area w/o safety rules that are then violated when they do donuts with people within inches of the spinning car.

Many of them are underage drinking.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    H2Oi was a sanctioned event when it started, the stupidity and lack of ability of the sponsors to control it caused it not to be.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom