• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Welcome aboard Delegate Grammer. We need more like you in Annapolis. Thanks for the update!

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Delegate Grammer thank you! We appreciate all of your hard work and can’t even comprehend what you have to deal with day in and day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    So, if you will have to be 18 (or is it 21 now) to buy a long gun,,
    And it will be illegal to loan someone under 21 a gun,,

I guess the DNR will get rid of Hunting licenses for people under 18 or 21 ??

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The amendment wipes out the bill, as originally presented, and adds (the all caps/ bold words) LOAN and BORROWER to the list of conditions in 5-134(b).

That section only applies to the transfer of regulated firearms, in the cases defined - when the transferor knows, or had reason to believe, that the transferee is a prohibited possessor.

We, the firearms community, tend to say that we want to chase those breaking laws. This section specifically deals with transfers to prohibited people, not routine transfers between law-abiding persons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    How does this have an effect on HB786 and the LQL, 7 day wait, one purchase a month and other BS they're proposing?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The amendment wipes out the bill, as originally presented, and adds (the all caps/ bold words) LOAN and BORROWER to the list of conditions in 5-134(b).

That section only applies to the transfer of regulated firearms, in the cases defined - when the transferor knows, or had reason to believe, that the transferee is a prohibited possessor.

We, the firearms community, tend to say that we want to chase those breaking laws. This section specifically deals with transfers to prohibited people, not routine transfers between law-abiding persons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The way I read it it also says you can not take a kid to the range and under your supervision let them shoot your .22 single action revolver or your Thomson Contender rifle because the receiver is regulated.

Last edited:

S&WDDS

Feb 26, 2015
    Howard County
    The way I read it it also says you can not take a kid to the range and under your supervision let them shoot your .22 single action revolver or your Thomson Contender rifle because the receiver is regulated.

So, if you will have to be 18 (or is it 21 now) to buy a long gun,,
    And it will be illegal to loan someone under 21 a gun,,

I guess the DNR will get rid of Hunting licenses for people under 18 or 21 ??

Taken one step further (which is why these bills are so insidious), while this only applies to "regulated" firearms, they will never stop trying to regulate all long guns, then viola, without a family member exemption, we'll never be able to take our kids to the range. Effectively eliminating the next generation's exposure to safe firearm use.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Taken one step further (which is why these bills are so insidious), while this only applies to "regulated" firearms, they will never stop trying to regulate all long guns, then viola, without a family member exemption, we'll never be able to take our kids to the range. Effectively eliminating the next generation's exposure to safe firearm use.

As I stated in my testimony in both the house and senate. If the purpose of the bill is to go after someone who “loans” a firearm to a prohibited person. Why don’t they just write that bill up and call it a day?

When they write bills like this, that throw a net on citizens who have never and have no intention of breaking the legal laws, it’s just bad politics. And IMHO is intentional. Every. Single. Time.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    House Bill 96 came out of subcommittee last night. It wasn't my subcommittee so I only have superficial information. I am attaching the image of the bill that was sent to me. A quick look shows this may impact hunters and sportsman. Please share and mobilize!

Delegate Robin Grammer

Delegate Grammer. Many thanks for this. This is a vast improvement over the original bill. Generally, we have no problem with amending existing law, Public Safety Section 5-134 to include "loans," but the prohibition on loans to a person under the age of 21 could be read to illegalize firearms instruction otherwise expressly permitted by MD Code Public Safety Section 5-133(d). Attached. Just to be safe, we would like to see an express carve out for such instruction permitted by Section 5-133(d). I can't imagine that the sponsor would have an issue with this.

Thanks. Mark Pennak, President, MSI. mpennak@marylandshallissue.org

Attachments

• 5-133 Restrictions on possession of regulated firearms.pdf
      60.4 KB · Views: 167

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Delegate Grammer. Many thanks for this. This is a vast improvement over the original bill. Generally, we have no problem with amending existing law, Public Safety Section 5-134 to include "loans," but the prohibition on loans to a person under the age of 21 could be read to illegalize firearms instruction otherwise expressly permitted by MD Code Public Safety Section 5-133(d). Attached. Just to be safe, we would like to see an express carve out for such instruction permitted by Section 5-133(d). I can't imagine that the sponsor would have an issue with this.

Thanks. Mark Pennak, President, MSI. mpennak@marylandshallissue.org

Can anyone open the attachment? I have tried and can’t get it to open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom