• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • genexd

Mar 18, 2014
    I just got the call from Vince at Duffy's to come pick up my can! Sent in middle of Feb after waiting 6 months for a sign off by MSP. The process started end of July last year.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just got the call from Vince at Duffy's to come pick up my can! Sent in middle of Feb after waiting 6 months for a sign off by MSP. The process started end of July last year.

Congrats! Are you going to burn up some ammo this weekend?

Jim Smith

genexd

Mar 18, 2014
    Thanks! I won't be able to make it up today to pick it up. I will definitely be breaking it in next week though.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Had my other paper form 1 come in yesterday (DDLES 9mm lower). Call it 4.25 months. Gotta hand it to the BATFE, it really seems like they're making progress on the issue.

Oh, and this makes my tenth stamp. Glad I could do my part to reduce our national debt.

Pondering doing an eFile Form 1 on another lower.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Had my other paper form 1 come in yesterday (DDLES 9mm lower). Call it 4.25 months. Gotta hand it to the BATFE, it really seems like they're making progress on the issue.

Oh, and this makes my tenth stamp. Glad I could do my part to reduce our national debt.

Pondering doing an eFile Form 1 on another lower.

Congrats, planning on doing my DDLES via E-file in a couple of weeks...

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    So do I. And the Form 3s I have some cans inbound to my Class 3 dealer. Dave

Do you have to wait on the Form 3 to come back before sending off the Form 4? I got a great deal on a TiRant9 and waiting for the Form 3 currently but, I have all the info for the can.

Thanks!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Do you have to wait on the Form 3 to come back before sending off the Form 4? I got a great deal on a TiRant9 and waiting for the Form 3 currently but, I have all the info for the can.
    Yes, you need to wait. Heck, I know some shops have gotten slapped for doing a form 3 before their form 2 came back through.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Congrats, planning on doing my DDLES via E-file in a couple of weeks...
    I'm still waiting on the response to the Engage letter about copycats before I buy an upper for the DDLES or chop the SP10. It's just way easier to front-load the process.

If I can, I'd like to put an RCM MP5-N barrel into the SP-10, and then go for a nice short upper with 3 lug barrel for the DDLES. But it's going to really depend on the response that EA gets.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Thanks!

Yes, shop has to have can legally in their possession to do the Form 4.

I asked Vince this exact question about an incoming can. :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I e-filed another AR SBR lower on 9/7. We'll see who gets e-approved first!!!

Planning on swapping my 11.5" LE6933 upper to the new SBR lower, and then putting a 7.5" upper on the old pre-10/1 SBR lower. I think I am in the clear, since I had, at one point prior to 10/1, mounted a standard (banned) AR upper to the older lower, thus rendering it an ALG (and therefore it can't become a copycat). The "new" SBR lower currently has a 5.45x39 upper on it, so I'm swapping it back to 5.56x45 in light of the 7N6 ban. I'll still keep the 5.45x39 upper in case there's another ammo shortage, of course. :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I e-filed another AR SBR lower on 9/7. We'll see who gets e-approved first!!!

Planning on swapping my 11.5" LE6933 upper to the new SBR lower, and then putting a 7.5" upper on the old pre-10/1 SBR lower. I think I am in the clear, since I had, at one point prior to 10/1, mounted a standard (banned) AR upper to the older lower, thus rendering it an ALG (and therefore it can't become a copycat). The "new" SBR lower currently has a 5.45x39 upper on it, so I'm swapping it back to 5.56x45 in light of the 7N6 ban. I'll still keep the 5.45x39 upper in case there's another ammo shortage, of course. :)

If you SBRd it before 10/1/13 you are fine.

If you did not SBR it then, you cannot use the 7.5" upper on a rifle lower, unless you have a REALLY long stock.

MSP has directed BATFE (and they are doing this) to NOT apporve ANY SBR shorter than 29" at this time.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you SBRd it before 10/1/13 you are fine.

If you did not SBR it then, you cannot use the 7.5" upper on a rifle lower, unless you have a REALLY long stock.

MSP has directed BATFE (and they are doing this) to NOT apporve ANY SBR shorter than 29" at this time.
    I did SBR the lower that the 7.5" upper is going on before 10/1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom