• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lumbermut

May 2, 2013
    Timonium, MD
    Wehrly's Auctions is having a gun auction with WWII collection on September 21, 2013. Looks like a lot of antique and C&R items. I have both bought and sold at this auction and find that they are very reasonable to work with. There is online bidding available, but please read the buyers premium/shipping charges - they are higher than bidding in person. I have talked to Scott Wehrly and they honor C&R licenses.

The auction house is about 45 minutes north of the Lutherville/Timonium area.

The links below will get you started!

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionlist.cgi?vuid=1003

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=1785159&category=0&zip=&kwd=

Good Luck!

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've been to their gun auctions twice and never walked away with anything up to now. This is an unusual auction for them. They rarely get this much C&R stuff and what I have seen in the past was rather mediocre in quality. I considered making the trip but there's nothing there this time that I'm serious about (other fish to fry). But there's plenty to bid on and see. I would highly recommend going in person and inspecting these puppies before bidding as the photos and descriptions are a bit lacking. The drive is an easy one but their parking is limited so get there early and bring a 4x4 or AWD if it's raining 'cause you're parking on a hill in grass. Can get sketchy.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    No competition from me! I'm going to be helping a buddy lead a company bicycle ride in Howard county that day. Lost nearly 40 lbs and want to keep 'em off. Enjoy being able to fit into all my old motorcycle leathers. Besides, I picked up a 1913 DWM P08 last month (arrives this week) so I'm sitting this one out. Yellowsled, they're all yours!

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    One one mosin on the listing, and its a sporter. Ill still take it home for the right price.

I am sure ill try to grab some other items if the price is right. Maybe momma will let me splurge. ugggghhh. Asking for permission sucks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It is not clear to me that they will accept C&R for C&R items vs. having to ship to FFL.
    Looks like shipping is going to be high $45 for a long gun.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    They said they require a FFL, and a C&R is a FFL.

So with that said, if anyone sees a somewhat young and handsome bidder in a Ravens hat, do not bid against them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom