• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig Snob

May 20, 2012
    Constitutional Firearms just announced a 10 day release. Please see the details under our threads in our IP section.

Thanks,
    Paul

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    Merry Christmas In May!

I was going to start a 61 day thread, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to do it.

Merry Christmas one and all! I've decided to do my firearms shopping in May even before summer starts. I just might have my "presents" under the tree, but if that doesn't happen "Happy New Year 2014". Santa is going to Owe'Malley's house with my gift, but I still have to dig it up first.
    :lol:

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Constitutional Firearms just announced a 10 day release. Please see the details under our threads in our IP section.

Thanks,
    Paul

While I applaud their effort, it is a case of too little to late. Had any FFL done this back in January there could have been some press on it and caused the State to honor the 8 day rule. I have worked in gov't at the State, Fed and municiple levels. It takes less than 40 mins to do an NCIC check and it doesn't take a cop to do it. Tow truck companies use NCIC for somethings, etc. 8 day was meant as a "cooling" off period to ward off crimes of passion. What a crock, walmart sells knives and Louy-ville sluggers all day to anyone. Point is, the current wait is effectively an infringement on a right. I have a right to self defense, keep and bare arms but the ffl, msp will not let me until they are good and ready. I'm on day 61. In Texas, I would have had my purchase 60 days ago. A Texan is more American than me.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011

Thanks,
    Paul

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=120547

Wonderful! It is never too late. The FFLs struggling with this are really in a tough spot. Guys like Paul are taking this seriously while the MSP and the state are treating like a game. He needed a solution he and his family were comfortable with. I wish all gun shops would join in. I do think they will almost all start a release program.

captain-kate

BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2012
    Hollywood, MD
    Waiting:

Ruger LCP on 6 March - day 81
    P2000Sk - 29 March - day 58
    PPQ, PPS, PPK/S, SR9C, Buckmark Camper, Kahr CM9 - 10 May - day 16
    Sig P229 - 13 May - day 13
    PX4 SC - 29 May (hopefully, waiting on gun to arrive)

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    While I applaud their effort, it is a case of too little to late. Had any FFL done this back in January there could have been some press on it and caused the State to honor the 8 day rule. I have worked in gov't at the State, Fed and municiple levels. It takes less than 40 mins to do an NCIC check and it doesn't take a cop to do it. Tow truck companies use NCIC for somethings, etc. 8 day was meant as a "cooling" off period to ward off crimes of passion. What a crock, walmart sells knives and Louy-ville sluggers all day to anyone. Point is, the current wait is effectively an infringement on a right. I have a right to self defense, keep and bare arms but the ffl, msp will not let me until they are good and ready. I'm on day 61. In Texas, I would have had my purchase 60 days ago. A Texan is more American than me.

This is the 4th FFL to start some form of public release without a ND letter due to the backlog. The first started less then a month ago and that number is growing. This is only going to increase the pressure on the MSP to fix the issue. It also puts more pressure on the other FFL to start releasing and to come up with a system they feel comfortable releasing under. The more FFL that are releasing the more this will also increase the pressure on the MSP to fix the issue. At some point someone will do a 5 second news report on this and bring it to the public attention and then the shit will really hit the fan.

Thanks
    Robert

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    It doesn't surprise me that the news isn't on this just a sign of the tines :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I recently came across the following Open Letter to the FFLs of California from the ATF advising them on the legality of releasing on their 10th day. https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/pdf-files/041913-open-letter-ca.pdf

Contacting the ATF to convince them to write up a similar open letter for the FFLs of Maryland would help use out tremendously.

Please join me in contacting the Firearms Industry Programs Branch at fipb@atf.gov or by phone at (202) 648-7190.

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    My FFL received 3/19's yesterday@3:30am. Also gave me some indication that a change is a-comin. Hope so!

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Ok so my rifle will arrive on 5/31 ill do the paperwork that day. How long of a wait should I reasonably expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom