• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Yea, it's SO incredibly frustrating. I literally jump on it as soon as I get the gunbot alarm, pre-sighned in, and get to the last step of the check out, and BAMB GONE! Within 23 sec.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    80c a round, it damn well better be up for a while.

Price has been steadily rising at suppliers on 5.56.

We had a 420rd ammo cans of XM855 on an invoice yesterday was about $40 higher than it was previously. This is from a distributor we order a substantial amount from every month, and they don't have any other inventory costs jacked up.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the supply lines are going to be getting any cheaper going forward.

That may be the new normal here before long based on our recent invoice of XM855.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That may be the new normal here before long based on our recent invoice of XM855.
    With all due respect... the new normal is not going to be a dollar a pull for a mass-produced round, at least not in the long run. Distributors will lower their price when this stuff doesn't sell. We're seeing it now with 7.62x39. We'll see it eventually with 5.56x45 and 9mm.

Things were crazy after the 2008 elections. Prices eventually went back to normal. They'll go back to normal once this panic is over, too.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I am starting to see the last reputable holdouts like SG Ammo, starting to charge above
    list for ammo. Are they having to pay more or are they trying to make what ever they can.
    For .22 it seems like .10 cents a round is now MSRP! Also how in the hell has PSA managed
    to get so much of the Federal 525 Bulk packs. They seem to have it once a week, although
    I have yet to be able to purchase any. But they are the only place I have seen it lately.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    With all due respect... the new normal is not going to be a dollar a pull for a mass-produced round, at least not in the long run. Distributors will lower their price when this stuff doesn't sell. We're seeing it now with 7.62x39. We'll see it eventually with 5.56x45 and 9mm.

Things were crazy after the 2008 elections. Prices eventually went back to normal. They'll go back to normal once this panic is over, too.

Weve seen a big hurt on availability on all ammo and a slight price increase over the last 6mo. However, this price increase is not only at the distributor. The increase is from Federal so as contracts get filled and new orders are placed the pricing will go up like all things. the price floor and ceiling will raise. A dealer isnt going to sell a product for cost. If the inputs go up so will the retail.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom