Anyone get a firearm/GFSZ poll call lastnight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I usually do not answer polling phone calls, but with the current environment I was curious. Sure enough, I finally got a call about gun control issues. It was a long call and went on about gun free zones in schools, police in schools, armed guards in schools, etc. Some of the stuff was very Left. Do I think having police in school would cause blacks and Hispanics to be prosecuted more than whites (said no, it actually depends on the demographics of the school, more of any race would increase the possibility of arrest)? Do I think police would arrest kids for failing to stay in line with school dress codes (no, they are there to enforce laws, and school dress code is not a arrestable law)? Do I think kids would be intimidated by having police on site and scared to go to school? ETC. Then it went in to scenarios on school shootings. Columbine, my opinion, was asked if police or psychiatrists would have stopped it etc. What about the armed guard who was on site? Told him about his role in delaying the shooters, which surprised him. Would our money be better spent on police/guards in schools or more Psychiatrists in the schools. Why did I choose what I did. Told them that if someone does come in to shoot at the school, having a police officer on site removes the 10-15 minutes for the police to get there. They do not call the psychiatrist when someone starts shooting, they call the police. Do I think psychiatrists should be available to kids in school? Yes, but not as a priority over a armed officer. Then we got on to political affiliation and voting habits (left, center left, center, center right, right), then you guessed it, are you a member of the NRA. (I am a RSO)

Heard lots of the same questions going on in the chatter in the background. I asked him at the end who the poll was for. He said he did not know as they do not tell them to prevent bias. I had him on the phone for A LONG time as I addressed each answer with more data. We had some good discussions and I think it actually helped him learn some things about the gun debate. He said he was glad that I answered the phone as I had good comments and had the most knowledge of the subject out of all the people he had called so far.

Anyways, did anyone else get a call?

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    I think that is the same one that my wife was selected for last night. Caller said he wanted to ask her "about some school issues and some other political stuff". I bugged her to talk to him to bump the poll toward Pro 2A but when she got to question 2 he stopped and said "Thanks but we already have our quota of white people answering the poll"...

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    Just WOW....I wish someone would call me. I'm African American, educated, and work a real job. I'd love to donate some time and intelligence for the cause to a pollster. Maybe they'll actually get it right this go around. Salute Sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom