• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    I have started working on load data for a suppressed 8.5” pistol build I put together. I’m looking at getting 220-240 grain bullets as quiet a possible while still cycling the action. I have tried 7.6 grains of “lil gun” under a 220 gr Sierra MK and can get the action to cycle but want to get it quieter. I ordered a super lightweight BCG, lightened buffer and a light action spring that I am waiting on. I am currently looking to procure some N105 as I have read some guys had good luck running that powder around 7gr. Have anyone gone down the same path I have ? Any suggestions?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Something to remember. When working up subsonic loads, start high and work down. Shoot one round at a time. Make sure each round leaves the chamber. If you don't hear a 'thud' from your round hitting the berm, stop shooting and check your barrel for squibs.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Zero issues.

If curious, Elvis ammo on YT did video where he captured a few fired bullets in gel, showed the powder coat didn’t even wear off in the rifling. Around 17:50

My subs run about 1025FPS 10 grn H110 under a Berry's 220 grn plated pill with small MAGNUM pistol primers. Quiet enough no hearing protection needed, powerful enough to crack/puncture cinder block. 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards. 8.5 inch barrel 1 in 8 twist.

Whenever they are in stock, I use these over 7.6 gr lilgun.

The old leatherhead bullets. Gallant bought their molds and customer list I believe.

https://gallantbullets.com/collections/30-caliber/products/30-cal-220gr

I use Fox123's projectiles and a load identical to Muleskinner's- with the exception I use CCI 400/small rifle primers. This functions suppressed and unsuppressed and holds the bolt open after the last shot.
    The bullets are traveling at ~1040fps out of my 8.5" SBR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom