• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I have to go with Bolts Rock. After trying various powders, Varget has become my go-to with BL-C(2) close behind. Both drive 55 gr pills in my loads consistently accurate in my guns.

BL-C2 has worked for me over 30 years firing anything from 52gr to 69gr but you give up some velocity above 62gr bullets. Varget has worked the past few years with every match bullet from 52gr to 80gr.

Not sure what the OP means by BLC being messy in the press.

RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    Wc 844. Military pull down ball powder... Works great, at least for blasting ammo, for precision I have been told many times Varget.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    That just don't sound rite....Imma have to look in my manuals to see

Guess I should clarify then - I usually use the Speer manual, and it does call for a magnum primer for this powder. I tend to go with the numbers in the manual, and those numbers (pressure, fps, etc...) are all calculated (I'm assuming) using a SRM.

Online there is plenty who say regular SRP are fine with this powder. I've always used the magnum with it.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Guess I should clarify then - I usually use the Speer manual, and it does call for a magnum primer for this powder. I tend to go with the numbers in the manual, and those numbers (pressure, fps, etc...) are all calculated (I'm assuming) using a SRM.

Online there is plenty who say regular SRP are fine with this powder. I've always used the magnum with it.

Yeah,I'm not saying its wrong,that's just a lot of primer for such a little casing...lol I used them in my 22-250 and got some good groups with 4895.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    To further clarify

In the pics you can see the star next to the h335 powder loads, and then the explanation of the star.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354327365817.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1354327365817.jpg
      27 KB · Views: 79
    • uploadfromtaptalk1354327376392.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1354327376392.jpg
      28.7 KB · Views: 80

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    To further clarify

In the pics you can see the star next to the h335 powder loads, and then the explanation of the star.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, Rich!!!

I'll have to look at my old Speer manual (#10 or #11).

IF memory serves me, the Sierra manual that I have does not specify 'magnum' primers for H-335.

rnish

May 24, 2012
    Some manuals recommend magnum primers when using light loads. For example when you are starting out with a new load/bullet combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom