• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I’m a huge fan of PCC’s!!!

I’m a memeber of Monocacy Pistol Club and they are finally allowing PCC’s on our range next month :party29:

I like them, but not as a division in a pistol sport. USPSA should host PCC only matches. They will be more interesting for PCC shooters, and get them out of pistol matches where they slow down squads to a frustrating degree.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've been thinking about running PCC at an IDPA or USPSA match, but am still debating whether I think it's a good idea at this stage of my development as a shooter. The PCC in question is a 10.5" AR-9 SBR (Glock mags) topped with an Eotech... I have enough big sticks and mag pouches that I should be able to run it. Obviously, PCCs are fun and awesome, but it's yet another platform I need to make sure is absolutely reliable for competition, and it distracts from practicing my pistol skills, which are OK-ish but hardly great.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    ... Obviously, PCCs are fun and awesome, but it's yet another platform I need to make sure is absolutely reliable for competition, and it distracts from practicing my pistol skills, which are OK-ish but hardly great.

Lol ...
    e1c28c014ed8c8a610c347c9e4b1f2d5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The only PCC shooters to beat me at yesterday's match were Grand Masters.

that's kind of a weird statement, it's ok to get beat by good or better shooters? i never look at classifications, seems like they're just a crutch to help justify being further down the match standings.

that said, getting 2nd in limited out of some 30 limited shooters is pretty awesome, congrats!

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    that's kind of a weird statement, it's ok to get beat by good or better shooters? i never look at classifications, seems like they're just a crutch to help justify being further down the match standings.

that said, getting 2nd in limited out of some 30 limited shooters is pretty awesome, congrats!

well I only posted that because dude tried to say that we don't like PCC shooters because we don't like PCC noobs beating us.

But thanks! it was a good match up at West Shore.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    PCC has been around as a category less than two years, and most USPSA shooters haven't picked up a long gun prior to this :innocent0

Jeez. The point is that it's not about PCC shooters beating pistol shooters. I don't care about that. I only compete within my division, but when someone claims I only don't like PCC because they beat me easily I felt like correcting them.

The point is that PCC does not fit well in a pistol sport.
    Here is why:

1: they slow squads down due to bagging proceedure and reshoots due to the timer not picking up shots. It is very annoying especially with already overly large squads and having constant backups at stages.

2: they may (and i've already seen some evidence of this) cause MD's to start designing stages to cater to PCC shooters to make them more interesting for that platform. (hence my suggestion of PCC only matches) USPSA which is derived from IPSC has been a pistol sport and to start changing stage designs to make it more fun for rifle shooters does a disservice to majority of the organization which shoots pistol.

I have no issue with folks wanting to shoot their PCC's in competition, but I don't like them thrown into a pistol sport.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    The point is that PCC does not fit well in a pistol sport.

while pcc can slow things down, it shouldn't and you (as an RO) shouldn't let it. no bagging, just flag it and onto the next shooter, easy peasy. i haven't had many if any issues with timers not picking up pcc shots, if you see it not picking them up just get closer towards the last shot.

and as far as MD's designing stages to cater TO pcc shooters, frankly i've seen just the opposite, WAY more super tight shots than before pcc was coming aboard.

i like shooting my various handguns, and also my pcc, it's great to have that choice. my guess is that opening up to pcc has added shooters to the sport and what's wrong with that.

and while you may be mature enough to not be bothered by pcc shooters beating you occasionally, there are a lot of open guys and even limited that are used to having their names on the top overall, and now that that isn't always happening, there is surely some hurt going around, manifested in hate towards pcc.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Everyone says PCC shooters shouldn't slow anything down but that has not been the reality anywhere I have shot.

MD are required to ensure the stages are safe for PCC shooters which means they have to give more room to maneuver rifles around barricades and other props.

In IDPA PCC is also an issue with special category awards, if you want to win most accurate or high senior, now you have an extreme advantage if you shoot a rifle.

PCC can be a lot of fun but I don't think it has any place in a standard IDPA or USPSA match.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Everyone says PCC shooters shouldn't slow anything down but that has not been the reality anywhere I have shot.

MD are required to ensure the stages are safe for PCC shooters which means they have to give more room to maneuver rifles around barricades and other props.

In IDPA PCC is also an issue with special category awards, if you want to win most accurate or high senior, now you have an extreme advantage if you shoot a rifle.

PCC can be a lot of fun but I don't think it has any place in a standard IDPA or USPSA match.

100% agree. And damn, I hadn't even thought of the IDPA category awards. Very good point.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    This whole "no PCC in pistol games" thing has been beat to death on benos site. I have yet to find any stage that catered to PCC, in fact I've seen the opposite, just like Dave. I've had match directors decide that a stage requires a reload. And I've seen Open shooters take waaaaay more time getting ready than any other shooters.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    This whole "no PCC in pistol games" thing has been beat to death on benos site. I have yet to find any stage that catered to PCC, in fact I've seen the opposite, just like Dave. I've had match directors decide that a stage requires a reload. And I've seen Open shooters take waaaaay more time getting ready than any other shooters.

well we dissagree quite a bit. I experienced the very things you say you don't happen at last weekend's match and it wasn't the first time.

Also, when did a MD decide a stage required a reload? that is not a thing in USPSA outside of the classifiers.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I finally sighted in my 10mm pcc. All ready for hunting in neighboring states

Attachments

• 7766F0EE-167D-440B-AB34-779CF9606EC1.jpg
      7766F0EE-167D-440B-AB34-779CF9606EC1.jpg
      106.1 KB · Views: 90

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads