• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I took those pictures in full manual mode, kinda why I got the DSLR. ;)

good! i know few buy fancy camera dslr and only use the point and shoot mode. lol

youll have fun with that. my first dslr was a canon rebel, now using nikon d90. my bro in law bought his kid the canon,same as yours. i gave her my canon flash since i hardly use it now.

oh, get yourself a lense filter. its cheaper to replace the filter than the actual lense if it get scratched. :)

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    good! i know few buy fancy camera dslr and only use the point and shoot mode. lol

youll have fun with that. my first dslr was a canon rebel, now using nikon d90. my bro in law bought his kid the canon,same as yours. i gave her my canon flash since i hardly use it now.

oh, get yourself a lense filter. its cheaper to replace the filter than the actual lense if it get scratched. :)

Yea I read good reviews for a starter camera, im sure ill learn about ALL the accessories ill need to add to it just like an AR15 needs magpul stuff and surefire lights lol. Pretty soon your into the accessories as much as you have invested in the gun itself.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yea I read good reviews for a starter camera, im sure ill learn about ALL the accessories ill need to add to it just like an AR15 needs magpul stuff and surefire lights lol. Pretty soon your into the accessories as much as you have invested in the gun itself.

yup! its another expensive hobby. im still saving for a good lense (18-200).

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    A really good website for getting good info on all production Canon lenses is Bryan at

www.the-digital-picture.com

he is definatly pro Canon - but he does really scientific reviews of their lenses and gives you an honest opinion.

The best advice I can give with respect to DSLRs, is the same advice with firearms - just get out and shoot. Find a subject matter that really intrests you and enjoy doing that while shooting it. And do not ever, (unless you have atleast $$$ in the bank available to spend) attach a 70-200 f2.8 l mk2. Once you see the quality of L glass - nothing else will be acceptable.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I like it. Sweet camera. Now some car pics!

Off topic, what model Surefire is that on your 23 and what dot it run ya?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    as you can see from your first couple of pics, depth of field is an important factor in photography. your aperature settings play a big part in that and of course are impacted by your shutter speeds (and vice versa).

what's great with digital, as opposed to film, is that you can see your results instantly and know if another shot needs to be taken (out of focus, something unwanted in the background, etc).

and the pro photographer's number one secret: TRIPOD

enjoy, it's a lotta fun.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Nice camera and pistol. I think you are on the right track. Just keep taking pics and understand your camera adjustments. Once you see your kit lens limitations you know it's time for an upgrade. You will appreciate the new lens more also knowing what it gives you. But hey if you have the cabbage go crazy with L lenses now. Just like guns, the "wants" are a powerful force. Lol!!

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The good part about using a digital camera is that you do not have to pay for film processing.

Does a DSLR have a shutter or is it just electronic?

Well, davsco already wrote what I was thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom