• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I have a source for these high voltage rubber blankets.
    They are 36 x36" and just less than 1/4 " thick.
    These blankets are rated for 36Kv and are made from Salcor rubber, have been rejected for visual or insulating defects (may have a pin hole/small scorch mark)
    Can easily be trimmed with a large set of ordinary shears or scissors.
    You can accurately trim them for various needs-uses.

You can use them for
    1.Making rubber buffers for mounting truck tool boxes (cut to shape)
    2. A nifty temporary roll up mat for a kneeling surface on rough ground
    3. Blind material (paint will stick)
    4. Crude mud flaps for a red neck trailer repair
    5. A padded surface for transporting materials in your truck bed.
    6. Backing for a worn out block target
    7. Cut to shape and fasten to wooden rifle rest
    8. A throw down for your mulch bed.
    9. Rubber door for your dog box
    10. HIgh-viz dock bumpers
    11. Whatever else you can think of.

They should not be considered for a walking surface when layered together. They will slide when laid one on top of the other when wet.
    Creating a barrier to mitigate hazards to opposite potential(s) or temporary protective cover up in an energized area.

Let me know if you want a few. Im always around the mid shore area.Sussex county OC wherever at any any random time.

IMG_1822.jpg

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I might be able to use some. They look like they would be good for lining the compartments on the ladder truck at work.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    That’d be sweet for use in the vehicle or under it.

Beats kneeling in the glass and gravel for changing a flat

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    I could use a couple. I am in Talbot county so close by.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Any chance you have any in black?
    We stopped using black ones a few years ago. The orange ones have a higher die-electric value so they are two for one. Black ones may still be out there, I just cant get any.

Any still available? In the Greensboro Denton area and can meet up in the evenings.

I can get some. Hooked up 303 Enfield today. Rambler and M75 are looking for some too. Theirs about 20-30 or so solid ones left. Next test cycle will bring pile more in.
    I have a a great big stack of split blankets. The are made with a slot in the middle for easier user handling but, I figured no one would want those.
    If you plan to cut them up they would work for smaller projects. They are still 36x36" square. Just with a slot for wrapping around an insulator pin.
    If you think they will work just say so but may be tied up for a few days for this blow coming through.

Meet over by the Wheat Threshermans or something.

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I could use 5-7 solid ones when you get them. No rush on my end. Threshermans is over there by Federalsburg correct? I pass it I think on the way to from Denton on the right side of 313. Either way I can meet you wherever is convenient for you.

Thanks and stay safe out there the next few days.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I could use 5-7 solid ones when you get them. No rush on my end. Threshermans is over there by Federalsburg correct? I pass it I think on the way to from Denton on the right side of 313. Either way I can meet you wherever is convenient for you.

Thanks and stay safe out there the next few days.

Thats it, on the right just before Federalsburg on the right. I turn in there and sleep under those trees sometimes for a break next to the old steam engines. or I can meet you in/near town no problem.
    Ill get you fixed up.

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    I do Leather Work and I bet they would be Great for Cutting Leather on or as Backing when Punching Holes! But I am in the Shack at Jacksonville Florida so not Practical to ship, I retired from PEPco in 2004 from Substation Construction snd Maintenace @ Benning Road in Washington.I wish I had thought of that use before i left there.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I do Leather Work and I bet they would be Great for Cutting Leather on or as Backing when Punching Holes! But I am in the Shack at Jacksonville Florida so not Practical to ship, I retired from PEPco in 2004 from Substation Construction snd Maintenace @ Benning Road in Washington.I wish I had thought of that use before i left there.

I know some people down there so you may be in luck.

2004 hmmm I bet your about out of black vinyl tape too.:)
    You got out of there when the getting was good. Lots of new faces since the Exelon takeover.
    We had a guy that went into the transformer shop at Benning. Haven't heard or seen him since so I bet he's doing just fine.
    He deserved a good break -nice kid and could drive through the city like a professional get away man.

**(I sent you a pm for some contacts near Jacksonville.)

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    They'd also be great to throw on top of a stacked cord of wood (overlapped of course). If you have any more, I'd be willing to trade for a lunch at my restaurant.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    They'd also be great to throw on top of a stacked cord of wood (overlapped of course). If you have any more, I'd be willing to trade for a lunch at my restaurant.

I still have to connect with Roady, Rambler, and MK75 then Ill hook you up no problem.

Test cycle is also approaching so there will be even more available.
    Boot knife way down in FLA needs one for leather crafting if he hasn't gotten one yet from someone down there.

Work, Firehouse and trpsshoot jamming me up:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom