• ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And WBFF:

Gun rights advocates challenge Maryland bump stock ban
    http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/gun-rights-advocates-challenge-maryland-bump-stock-ban

So it's in the Sinclair story pool. With suitable misleading Scary Black Killer Gun With Thing that Goes Up picture:

906a8d45-502e-48ac-942c-a33e9e3eeda8-large16x9_bumpstockgun.jpg

EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    I'll be following this very closely. I spend more time browsing the threads here than commenting but this site is the best source of 2A and firearms related info for MD residents. Thanks to all who are named plaintiffs in this lawsuit.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'll be following this very closely. I spend more time browsing the threads here than commenting but this site is the best source of 2A and firearms related info for MD residents. Thanks to all who are named plaintiffs in this lawsuit.

I'm willing to bet the news agencies get some of their info here as well, too bad they cannot read well enough to do their fact checking while here .....

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    After watching the testimony on the "high capacity" magazine ban bill during which the sponsor was made to look horribly stupid and ignorant with respect to the law on takings, I'm really shocked (not really) that this particular bill was not amended to include a mechanism for compensation or vetoed by Hogan. Delegate Moon, the sponsor of the bump stock bill, seems to be so far left that he's swimming off the coast of CA.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but with the Mass. law banning bump stocks already in effect, why was there not a lawsuit filed there?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but with the Mass. law banning bump stocks already in effect, why was there not a lawsuit filed there?

Just guessing; maybe their legislators are capable of writing a law that doesn't violate the COTUS. Or perhaps they don't have as formidable and talented an organisation as MSI.

Posting a copy of their legislation might tell the story.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    But MD's constitution doesn't apply to MA. Federal, yes, but MD has independent legal protections against uncompensated takings, and judicial history supporting its' application to this particular problem.

Okay ... what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? It was asked why suit hadn’t been filed in MA, and it was then posited that maybe the MA law contains a provision requiring compensation. My comment was answering that question.

The Takings Clause of the 5th Amendment to the US Constitution applies to the States by virtue of the 14th Amendment thereto. A takings clause in the constitution of a state (or commonwealth) is just icing on the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom