• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    buddy of mine told me about this place on Belair rd that supposedly carrys components. Anyone ever heard of it or have experieces?

D.Dasher

Mar 14, 2012
    Hello Fox,Top Gun is the old Bel Air Gun Supply and Pawn,under the new onwers for about a year now,I have been in the new shop a few times now,back in the spring I picked up a few pounds of Unique and Bullseye,at that time a small wonder considering the shortage of fast powders availble.Nice people,nice shop,reasonable prices.I think it always pay to check out a new shop,you never know it may be your next go to shop.They are at the Mountain Road end of Belair Rd.if you are heading that way.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I stopped in there last week. V-E-R-Y nice shop and the people there are courteous and polite. Tons of 'far-arms'. Prices are reasonable. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

What REALLY caught my eye was the '08 BULLITT Mustang ( Steve McQueen ) out on the parking lot. It belongs to the owners wife. I knew better than to ask if she would sell it but I asked anyway. The owner said 'FORGETTABOUTIT'.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Been there. I'm sure they can order anything you need. Just south of Rt 152/Mountain Road in Harford County.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I was going to stop by but did not want to waste my time if it got bad reviews here. Thanks all for the info, I will give it a shot.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I bought a gun there. Seemed pleasant enough. Was in again and was the only customer in the shop and was interested in a few used guns they had. I was looking at a few with the sales guy and the owner interrupts us and starts a new conversation waith sales guy. Just interrupted us, no apology, nothing and continued as if I weren't there. They won't get my money again.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I bought a gun there. Seemed pleasant enough. Was in again and was the only customer in the shop and was interested in a few used guns they had. I was looking at a few with the sales guy and the owner interrupts us and starts a new conversation waith sales guy. Just interrupted us, no apology, nothing and continued as if I weren't there. They won't get my money again.

Why is everyone so thin skinned at these gun shops? Lighten up. Chill!!
    It's not like you were TOTALLY ignored.

Have fun, look around and browse awhile. Then say excuse me....I have a question???

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Good shop, did a transfer there recently. Amazing selection of firearms and friendly staff. A1 Safes is next door and also worth a visit.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Why is everyone so thin skinned at these gun shops? Lighten up. Chill!!
    It's not like you were TOTALLY ignored.

Have fun, look around and browse awhile. Then say excuse me....I have a question???

I'm hardly thin skinned but when he's getting a rifle for me to look at and walks away mid sentence, they don't need my money. 3 people behind the counter and I was they only customer. I'm in retail and generally very forgiving but this was a good bit different.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Been there a few times. They have always been super friendly to me. The owner does usually seem to be busy running the business, so I can see how some people can take it the wrong way. When he's not on the phone or under a pile of paper, he's been nice to me too.

I haven't been there for a month or so, but they seem to keep a small variety of powder and primers in stock.

They are about two miles from my house, so I should stop in more often. On the other hand, I don't think I've walked out once empty handed...

sar82007

Apr 6, 2013
    People's Republic of MD
    I've Been there a few times since the new management took over And rebranded themselves. Of those times the experience has been ok, nothing memorable. But the last time I was there the experience was a nightmare. I went in looking for a couple guns Mark 23, STI Nitro, EAA Tanfoglio Stock 3. The Mark 23 they didn't have in stock. And the employee kept telling with me they aren't in production anymore. And that I shouldn't buy it because it isn't a practical gun. Despite me telling him you can get them new and that another gun store could order it. He said that store was yanking my chain. It wasn't until he looked on HKs web site that he believed me. Then he told me you should buy it with the Knights Armament silencer. And offered to sell me his personal Mark 23 with KAC for $6k. Also, he asked me why I wanted one. And I told him the longer sight radius will increase accuracy. He suggested a Glock With RMR. I rebuttaled that RMRs fail in the rain. Because Once water gets in the lens you can no longer see the dot. And he tried to accuse me of using a cheap red dot because he had a Trijicon RMR and never had that issue. When in fact i have been using a Trijicon RMR also. It's just that he never practiced with his RMR in all weather conditions to know the limitations of his gear.
    Second when I asked him for a STI he kept telling me that those are not going to get a high round count as a Glock. And that I should buy one of his glocks he had in 10mm.
    As for the Tanfoglio they couldn't order it either.

If I we're the owner and I had a customer that was willing to spend Hk Mark 23 or STI money I'd certainly try everything in my power to get the customer one. And certainly not sell a gun 3x what it is worth.

If you want a good gun shop go to Duffys. I've never had a bad experience there. They have a wider selection of guns. And the staff remembers your name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom