• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Signo

Jul 10, 2011
    Cecil County
    Sized and primed smooth, not brittle or to soft. No defects that I could find, flash hole was lined up correctly. Didn't stick or require extra force like PMC, so it was not to thick. I didn't caliper to it so its not a scientific observation,just how it felt.

I have only been reloading for a few years not specifically sure what you looking for. Seemed good to go to me.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I separate once fired from multiple fired factory loaded brass I shoot by looking inside the case if I mix it. I shot a box of Perfecta 45 ACP then separated and reloaded it. Nothing out of the ordinary for close in fast or blasting shooting (25 yards or less).

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Got burnt out for a while after all the crap that happened. Then life changed, had a daughter, bought a boat, and have just been busy. Figured I'd pop back in to see whats up.

I keep it in check by not getting too high or low and not getting too involved in the BS. I don't even know what you man all the crap that happened.

GApilot

Apr 8, 2015
    Stopped in a Walmart in New Castle DE and the sales person offered me a case (20 boxes in case) of 9mm and .40. He had to go to the back room to get it (he called it lockup). He actually encouraged me to buy it, figured he didn't want to put it on the shelf and price it. I've shot the 9mm and never had an issue, first time I'll be trying the .40. Could not beat $6.94\box for 9mm and $8.94\box for .40 (plus no tax in Delaware). He made a comment about being phased out and actually loosing money at these prices, who knows but will be having fun this weekend at the range.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Shot some Perfecta for the first time today

I had picked up a box of .223 Perfecta the other day at WM in EC. I got a chance to shoot some yesterday: I had not problems and they did good for me, a poor shooter.

Attachments

• Perfecta223box.jpg
      Perfecta223box.jpg
      83.8 KB · Views: 984
    • PerfectaTargets.jpg
      PerfectaTargets.jpg
      90.4 KB · Views: 1,012

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just got done de-priming/resizing and annealing about 40 pieces of their .308 brass into .260, no issues with off-center flash holes.

Annealed rather well actually.

I'll see in the following week or so if the brass was worth the effort I put into it. But even if it gets tossed on it's 3rd or 4th loading, no skin off my back - it was free.

ETA: While removing the crimp, found a few pieces with slightly off-center flash holes, didn't notice them while sizing them.

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Perfecta .308 brass, on it's second loading in .260 duty. So far, so good - with one caveat.

Annealed rather well. Sized rather easily, very few with off-center flash holes. So it appears to be decent brass so far.

I don't like how they do that 3-point crimp on the primer, I've had issues with primers hanging up and not seating smoothly due to that. I don't have a Dillon swager to try, so maybe that'd push that crimp out enough to let the primers seat smoothly.

I'll see how many more loadings I can get out of them before tossing.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Perfecta .308 brass, on it's second loading in .260 duty. So far, so good - with one caveat.

Annealed rather well. Sized rather easily, very few with off-center flash holes. So it appears to be decent brass so far.

I don't like how they do that 3-point crimp on the primer, I've had issues with primers hanging up and not seating smoothly due to that. I don't have a Dillon swager to try, so maybe that'd push that crimp out enough to let the primers seat smoothly.

I'll see how many more loadings I can get out of them before tossing.

Bring beer. You can use my super swage 600.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Sounds like a date. How many were off-center? With the .223s I had, it was about 30%.

Out of 23 pieces, 5 were off-center. Of those 5, only 2 got tossed, the other 3 were off-center, but not enough to warrant me tossing them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom