• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    As I said in another thread besides the PCR nothing has really got me jazzed up. It seems like a bunch of Glock copies.

M&P is reall a glock with better grips
    New CZ looks like a Walter/Glock
    VP9 is nice but mag release is no Bueno
    I thought my XD was ehhh

Anyone else feel like this? What newer semi's have you excited.

Forget about CCW for this thread

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I do believe that the new semi's seem to be glock clones. I have too many glocks to change but i do like the Walther Q5. Love the trigger.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    As I said in another thread besides the PCR nothing has really got me jazzed up. It seems like a bunch of Glock copies.

M&P is reall a glock with better grips
    New CZ looks like a Walter/Glock
    VP9 is nice but mag release is no Bueno
    I thought my XD was ehhh

Anyone else feel like this? What newer semi's have you excited.

Forget about CCW for this thread

Agreed except for the M&P grips being better than Glock (personal preference). I prefer Glock Gen 1-3, especially Gen 2. Not a huge fan of Gen 4 although I own two Gen 4's. I look forward to the Gen 5 being more similar to Gen 2. Until the Gen 5 is publicly available and on the stupid MD registry I have just decided to get some more large frame Glock's (10 mm) since the last exciting semi autos for me were the G30s & G43. I like the idea of the Coonan 1911 in .357 magnum but it certainly isn't new.

A G43 sized Glock in .357 sig and .40 S&W would be pretty cool. Probably not so fun to shoot though.

If I liked the S&W Shield grip better I would probably jump on the S&W Shield in .45 which is a pretty recent release.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Very subjective topic, CZs do not remind me of Glocks at all, but as I said this topic is based on personal opinions.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    The biggest innovation really I have seen is the new sigs with their internal chassis being the firearm and inner changeable slides and grips. It's a little cost prohibitive though to buy all those different slide and exchange kits. Other than that though they do all seem to be a little stagnant and the core design all being the same.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Sig 2022 is the last modern new design that I had any real interest in for a service size gun.

Now some of the new compact stuff is interesting and built well for its intended use.

The Keltec PMR was innovative, didn't have much use for one in a handgun but I enjoy the carbine configuration.

I guess this raises a basic question. What constitutes a new design? There probably are not that many new actions or major design changes out there. Like many technologies coming to maturity we are seeing more incremental changes on legacy platforms.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have shot a good number of pistols and helped a number of people with them. I think the continuing innovation will be the grips and how they fit. I think it is not out of the question to charge another $20 if an oversized or under sized grip is needed for the hand sizes that are outliers. I'm lucky cause the Glock 17 gen 3 fits my hand perfectly. Now shops need a way to quickly and easily switch grips when selling the gun. That would be a great marketing tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sig 2022 is the last modern new design that I had any real interest in for a service size gun.

Now some of the new compact stuff is interesting and built well for its intended use.

The Keltec PMR was innovative, didn't have much use for one in a handgun but I enjoy the carbine configuration.

I guess this raises a basic question. What constitutes a new design? There probably are not that many new actions or major design changes out there. Like many technologies coming to maturity we are seeing more incremental changes on legacy platforms.

I'll actually agree the PMR30 was cool!!!!

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK?????
    High point with a cash money wrap..... Have you not heard of this? It is the most innovative thing in centuries!
    Models include
    "Dolla-dolla Bill y'all" chambered in .380
    "Get money" 9mm
    "B!+ch betta have my money" .40 cal
    "YEAH BOYYYY!!!" ( pronounced just like flava-flave would) in .45 acp
    I would attach a picture but, that may be to much to take in at one time.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER A ROCK?????
    High point with a cash money wrap..... Have you not heard of this? It is the most innovative thing in centuries!
    Models include
    "Dolla-dolla Bill y'all" chambered in .380
    "Get money" 9mm
    "B!+ch betta have my money" .40 cal
    "YEAH BOYYYY!!!" ( pronounced just like flava-flave would) in .45 acp
    I would attach a picture but, that may be to much to take in at one time.
    0de61238de7824651b77593816098f94.jpg

Hi-point no more needs to be said. Courtesy of bradmac or psychosteve can't remember which.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The Canik TP9 series is interesting. They're very cheap and have good reviews so far. I've been meaning to pick up a used one since I keep seeing them around $275 or less.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The dominant theme is * Polymer frame, with sorta long-ish trigger pull, with consistant trigger pull from shot to shot. Usually striker fired. * Glock did it big time first. Depending on how much you squint, either everything else is a Glock copy, or else the parameters have become generic.

The SIG concept of modular interchangeably is interesting, but a current price points, its not so much for routinely switching, but customizing for a desired configuration, and staying there.

If you had asked a few years ago, the shrinking of various calibers into envelopes not previously know / posible would have been exciting developments, but by the specified 10 yrs, that had pretty much run its course.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    The firearms market has settled on 3 things. Glocks, 1911's and AR-15's (and copies thereof). There's a few other niche guns (legacy SIG's, HK's and Berettas cone to mind) but thats what the manufacturers and the aftermarket have settled on. There's not much incentive for companies to make different products when those designs work and sell well.

Think of all the innovative, game changing product announcements recently and its been SiGlocks, H&Glocks, and FNGlocks.

I do want to get my paws on the new Caracals (Caraglocks?) because the last go round everyone seemed to agree it truly was a better Glock but lacked the market share.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    The biggest innovation really I have seen is the new sigs with their internal chassis being the firearm and inner changeable slides and grips. It's a little cost prohibitive though to buy all those different slide and exchange kits. Other than that though they do all seem to be a little stagnant and the core design all being the same.

I have to agree and unlike a lot of polymer pistols the grips don't suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom