• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Glock frames come with the jig (they are single use).

I see. That explains why I am having trouble finding a 5D Tactical Router Jig Pro type thingy for Glocks or any pistols for that matter. Thanks.

There are no all-in-one 1911 jigs. I happen to have all of the Matrix Precision Jigs.....

So pistol jigs don't seem to support universal frames? You more or less have to decide which frames to use and then find a jig that works for that/those frame(s)?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I see. That explains why I am having trouble finding a 5D Tactical Router Jig Pro type thingy for Glocks or any pistols for that matter. Thanks.

So pistol jigs don't seem to support universal frames? You more or less have to decide which frames to use and then find a jig that works for that/those frame(s)?

Correct. To date you can do 80 percent Glcoks, Sig P320, Sig 226/228 (Good luck finding a frame), 1911/2011, and 0% Ruger MK I-III (good luck finding a barrel). Each requires a separate jig, as the holes are in different places. For the 1911/2011, and Sig 226/228 you need to cut rails.

BTW, I have all of the above jigs if you are interested.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Correct. To date you can do 80 percent Glcoks, Sig P320, Sig 226/228 (Good luck finding a frame), 1911/2011, and 0% Ruger MK I-III (good luck finding a barrel). Each requires a separate jig, as the holes are in different places. For the 1911/2011, and Sig 226/228 you need to cut rails.

BTW, I have all of the above jigs if you are interested.

Wow - pretty cool offer - thanks. I don't like learning on other people's stuff - afraid I'm going to damage it so I never take people up on these types of offers. Appreciate the offer anyway - thx.

Is it safe to say that 80% build kits aren't cheaper than just buying the gun already made? When I price out the kits (triggers, slides, barrels and frame) + jigs, I am usually close to if not more expensive than the gun from the manufacturer. I haven't priced out the Sig Sauers, but have the glocks and the 1911s.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wow - pretty cool offer - thanks. I don't like learning on other people's stuff - afraid I'm going to damage it so I never take people up on these types of offers. Appreciate the offer anyway - thx.

Is it safe to say that 80% build kits aren't cheaper than just buying the gun already made? When I price out the kits (triggers, slides, barrels and frame) + jigs, I am usually close to if not more expensive than the gun from the manufacturer. I haven't priced out the Sig Sauers, but have the glocks and the 1911s.

Don't buy the full kits for 1911's. You can get stuff cheaper looking around and buying it peacemeal.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Don't buy the full kits for 1911's. You can get stuff cheaper looking around and buying it peacemeal.

Even looking around, I am finding the costs for pieces and parts are close to the same price or even more expensive than just buying the gun whole from the manufacturer. Is that to be expected or is it just because of the COVID scare?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Even looking around, I am finding the costs for pieces and parts are close to the same price or even more expensive than just buying the gun whole from the manufacturer. Is that to be expected or is it just because of the COVID scare?

Might be the COVID scare. They are by no means cheap, but I think I did my first for about $700. I shopped around and used good parts.

Check out Sarco

https://www.sarcoinc.com/1911-45-cal-builders-kit-all-parts-less-frame-includes-new-slide/

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD

Attachments

• 1911a1 80.jpg
      1911a1 80.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 223

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I would have you use the jigs in my workshop. There isn't anything you can damage unless you are trying. I have over $1000 invested in jigs. It's not like they are going to wear out. Folks here are welcome to use them (unless you are an unproven noobie or I have no idea who you are).

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I would have you use the jigs in my workshop. There isn't anything you can damage unless you are trying. I have over $1000 invested in jigs. It's not like they are going to wear out. Folks here are welcome to use them (unless you are an unproven noobie or I have no idea who you are).
    That is awful cool of you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Correct. To date you can do 80 percent Glcoks, Sig P320, Sig 226/228 (Good luck finding a frame), 1911/2011, and 0% Ruger MK I-III (good luck finding a barrel).
    A few years ago a buddy and I debated trying to do a few 80% P228s. I was hesitant and we never did. Suspicion validated! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom