• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I looked up Civil Rights Act of 1965 to read about it. What I found were the following (source wikipedia):
    • Civil Rights Act of 1964: outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.[
    • Voting Rights Act of 1965: provides nationwide protections for voting rights.
    • Civil Rights Act of 1968 (also known as Fair Housing Act): expands on previous acts and prohibits discrimination concerning the sale, rental, and financing of housing based on race, religion, national origin, and since 1974, gender; since 1988, the act protects people with disabilities and families with children.
    Thanks for the tour through history R&R!

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Passed this around just a little and already people’s ears are perking up.
    No one wants to comply but no one wants to go it alone.
    This helps greatly.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    It takes some serious nuggets to stand before a camera, be asked if you're an extremist, properly respond to the question, and then carry the message forward. That's pretty darned impressive. I'm proud to wear a shirt with you all.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It takes some serious nuggets to stand before a camera, be asked if you're an extremist, properly respond to the question, and then carry the message forward. That's pretty darned impressive. I'm proud to wear a shirt with you all.

Thank you!

Two keys: prepare mentally for the gotcha questions and always try to answer the question you want to answer, not necessarily the question on the table that might be designed to hem you in.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It was a well done segment with no apparent bias. Nice to see for a change.
    Well done Jeff!
    WE WILL NOT COMPLY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Holy crap ... LEAD STORY!

Too bad they screwed-up the audio on Sheriff Lewis' statement of "We Will Not Comply."

HUZZAH!

That mighta been by design...:innocent0

Yeah, I see where they screwed up ALL the audio on the soundbites for Paul, me and when Sheriff Lewis was speaking.

Hmmmm.....kinda makes you wonder if someone threw a switch because “We Will Not Comply” is too threatening.

Feb 28, 2013
    Spreadin the word on my other home tryin to inform some MD members there.

Attachments

• 1328B563-589C-4261-ACAF-480019D1D7B3.jpg
      1328B563-589C-4261-ACAF-480019D1D7B3.jpg
      51.6 KB · Views: 629

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    Just watched the Ch 9 clip. Great job. Also, as others have noted, it was refreshing to see the story presented without obvious bias.

Separately, was happy to see that my newly elected Dem delegate (Guyton) voted no on 786. Maybe the emails had an effect.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yeah, I see where they screwed up ALL the audio on the soundbites for Paul, me and when Sheriff Lewis was speaking.

Hmmmm.....kinda makes you wonder if someone threw a switch because “We Will Not Comply” is too threatening.

"There are no coincidences."

All it takes is ONE hand on ONE knob for that to happen. Especially since they "corrected" the problem for the on line version...

:war:

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Yeah, it is a head scratcher

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Makes you wonder if the screw up occurred during the edit of the package or during playout. Seems hard to imagine it wasn’t quality checked before air

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Where did Atterbeary get that "fact" from?

There are all of about 10 homicides a year in Maryland with long guns. So, what amount of those are women? Then, let's look at how many women are killed with other items, like hands, feet, bats, pots, knives, etc. I bet way more women are killed or hurt in domestic disputes with things other than guns.

End of the day, that is just a complete BS comment with no real statistical backing. Who knows, maybe she was fed that line, just like some here still believe it is against federal law for an FFL to do a NICS check for a "private sale".

Guessing there is a bunch of hogwash going around on both sides. It is to be expected when it comes to political stuff.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Awesome job, Sling! Great to have you out with us the other night.

Maybe the Truckers can push this to Red Eye Radio, overnights on DC’s WMAL 105.9!

Attachments

• B9155D14-1231-444D-9D50-6A63E817BE33.jpeg
      B9155D14-1231-444D-9D50-6A63E817BE33.jpeg
      54 KB · Views: 388

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Who knows, maybe she was fed that line, just like some here still believe it is against federal law for an FFL to do a NICS check for a "private sale".
    I'm curious about this actually. Does the FFL have to take the firearm into their inventory to do a NICS check for a private sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom