• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    This Saturday, the 29th of September, Team York will be hosting our first ever Falling Steel, Man on Man FunShoot.
    The concept is like this: 4-6 stages of mirrored steel arrays, with a cross steel target in the center; Each shooters starts at either end of the array, and the first to fell the center dual cross target wins! Its a steel shoot off!
    Each squad will get to spend 45 minutes or so on each stage shooting it as many times, and with as many different shooters and as many different ways, as you want. Then all squads rotate to the next stage, and do it again.
    There will not be a "multi gun" option this month, but you may shoot "multiple guns", a different gun on different strings. We will invite handguns and carbines in all standard handgun calibers (including .22LR we have a plan) and shotguns.

For those of you in a non speed/competitive mode, just say so, and I will squad you accordingly, but be warned, this is real fun, you may be assimilated.......

Squadding is important here, if you and your buddy want to compete let me know, I'll be sure you shoot together.
    We will end the day in a FunShoot final shootoff! Taking the winners from each squad and pitting them together in a "sudden death" dual!

The round count for this shoot is simply rangerific ridiculous! Bring as much as you can, this is a real ammo burner. Scoring? Scoring is simple, last steel standing looses. Don't think you are fast enough? We can factor in handicaps, don't let that deter you.

Its starting to get a bit chilly in the mornings, so how about we start check in at 8:00, a live fire demo of the concept at 9:00 and shooting by 9:15 this month.

Cost is $15 for adults, $5 for under 18.

Preregister now, will will be accepting 50 shooters max. Email yorksignup@gmail.com.

Stay tuned for more details this week.

Remember, York is a cold range, please have all firearms unloaded and secured when you arrive at the range, including CC permit holders. Handle firearms only after you register, and only at the safe tables and under direction of a range officer.

g

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    I'm not sure we couldn't mix in a shotgun/pistol multi-gun possibilty. I'll let you know after set up and I see how it could work at the range tomorrow. I think it might. Obviously we won't be shooting centerfire rifles at steel this close. I have some devious ideas so all the stages end up a little different. Some stages will require more accuracy than others.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I figure that I don't care a whole lot about where I wind up if I can shoot with guys with normal sights. I shoot sharp shooter in IDPA.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    g,
    Great concept, gonna check with my daughter to see if it will be ok to miss her soccer game for this one.

That's the only way I'd get to shoot this one. Who does she play for? Age? Mine loves to shoot but missing soccer is out of the question for her.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Signup is closed

We blew right past our limit. All who emailed yorksignup@gmail.com by 9:45 this evening are in. Confirms are going out tonight and tomorrow.

The advance setup crew was hard at work today, thanks Howie, C and A! And the place is looking great.

I am making a wait list, and will take walk on's on an available space basis only this month.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    That's the only way I'd get to shoot this one. Who does she play for? Age? Mine loves to shoot but missing soccer is out of the question for her.

My youngest is playing 10U for local Rec team on Saturdays and a 10U Club team called Northern Elite out of Jarrettsville in Harford County on Sundays, my oldest plays 15U fast pitch softball on Sundays and she's only 12. These fall leagues on the weekends are cutting into my shooting time.

Good Luck everyone, sorry I gotta miss this one. g will the "Funshoot" and USPSA hybrid matches start up in January again or not until the March time frame?

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Thanks for setting this up. I had a great time shooting with the group that started in bay 4. I was the guy in the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot shirt shooting the M&P9 and the Beretta carbine.

Doug2255

Oct 20, 2011
    Bel Air, MD
    Ditto - Thanks for setting this up. Good time was had by all - I started in bay 1.

Heard good remarks form the newbies as well as the vets. (and all of the one in between...like me)

Thanks again.

Happy Bday Gary!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom