• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    Hi everyone!

During this crazy times of everything being out of stock and prices high, I'm debating whether it's better to hold off on buying the Ruger Mk IV Lite that on my wish list. They use to be around $500 now I see Grab-a-gun have them in stock for $650! So by time in add in transfer fee, etc. has me debating hold off on the purchase until things calm down. What are you thought?

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    This is the pessimist in me, and on the negative side but.. I have to ask myself, will the price ever drop to pre-current administration, and social hysteria prices, and or will a new law ban it all together. Personally, if I see what I have on my list and its not way out of line with what I consider a reasonable, I buy.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Hi everyone!

During this crazy times of everything being out of stock and prices high, I'm debating whether it's better to hold off on buying the Ruger Mk IV Lite that on my wish list. They use to be around $500 now I see Grab-a-gun have them in stock for $650! So by time in add in transfer fee, etc. has me debating hold off on the purchase until things calm down. What are you thought?

I bought mine at x-ring for $549. I'm a DE resident and pay no sale tax. The question is why are you worrying about 100 bucks difference? If that is bothering you, chances are you won't be able to afford any gun.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Is it a Need or a Luxury? With this impending economy that Gropey Joe and Kamaltoe are creating, you might want to bank your money until things settle down.

All hell is about to break loose with Covid, UE, High Inflation and the manufacturing of our current immigration crisis on the border with Illegals given free reign.

And now, the GOP is playing into the immigration stupidity and pork barrel politics with earmarks.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Is it a Need or a Luxury?

yeah, it is a luxury if a person already has 45 acp, 9mm, 40 sw, or 357 handgun.

It is a need if that this person has none and that is the only thing he can afford. However, I recalled SW Shield subcompact 9mm can be had for around 300+ bucks. It is around 400+ now. It is better choice vs 22lr due to reliability of the round.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I'm buying when I can and the price isn't too far outside the lines.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Hi everyone!

Until things calm down? Wait until they hit $850 then buy.........LOL

Lucca1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2013
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Hi everyone!

If you are already debating the purchase then I would hold off and divert those funds to building a sufficient stock of spare parts and standard/high capacity magazines for the ones that you currently own. If online sales of spare parts are banned, they will become more costly and harder to find, especially for anything C&R.

If you already have, then go for it. The prices will likely come back down as they did after 2013, but it could be years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom