• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    As stated in the title, I just paid for a S&W Shield, with the ported barrel. I only found one place That would ship immediately. Why is this thing so hard to find? My wife had to have it for her carry piece. If you go to Gunbroker, there is only one for sale. And the one that is at $585. I bid on it earlier, and decided to go back and buy now, for $550. However, that option was no longer available to me, so I called him direct. He's getting some more in tomorrow, and honored the $550. If anyone is out to get one of these, good luck. They are in hot demand, everywhere. This guy seems to be a good guy. He answers his phone, has a Facebook account and a storefront. After I paid he sent me a receipt immediately. This is not the best way to do business, as there is no protection from Gunbroker from outside sales, but, he seems very legit. He says his tracking has more coming in tomorrow, and if his tracking is correct, he'd have mine out by Tuesday. I'll keep you posted. I am generally very skeptical due to my profession, but, I get a good vibe from him. About the gun, it looks fantastic! And, if any of the reviews are true, it will put my Glock 43 to shame. Wish us luck.:o here's the link for Gunbroker:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=535982666

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I had the chance to see one up close and dry fire it. That trigger is amazing. You will love it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't like ported small compact pistols for self defense. Bent elbow and high ready shooting shooting tends to melt the eyebrows off.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Greg at A1 got one in and kept it. I'm sure he'd give you a fair honest opinion. Also for the record I have it on good authority that the G43 has been submitted to Cathy and a course of fire has already been created.

So we shall see if it gets approved for UC/OD

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Greg at A1 got one in and kept it. I'm sure he'd give you a fair honest opinion. Also for the record I have it on good authority that the G43 has been submitted to Cathy and a course of fire has already been created.

So we shall see if it gets approved for UC/OD
    Yeah, I've heard the same thing. Being best friends with a range Sgt. has some perks.;)
    I can't see her turning it down. Women love concealability even more than us men.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I don't like ported small compact pistols for self defense. Bent elbow and high ready shooting shooting tends to melt the eyebrows off.

I was going to mention the same thing. I'm not a big fan of ported guns period. If they would just make the standard shield with the PC trigger, it would be the perfect carry gun.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    He bought it for himself.
    Reading is fundamental:o I see now, that he did keep it. As for your statement on the ports, it is for my wife, who needs as much help as she can get, for follow up shots. Night shooting, for her, is not really a factor. Quick re-acquisition is.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Got one, loved it, sold it off my hip for a very good profit, regretted it instantly.

As soon as these are available in numbers I'll be keeping them in stock. The porting is no problem, even shooting bent arm.

I will say that the perceived recoil and muzzle flip isn't that much different from a standard Shield, but the trigger is much better than an out of the box standard model, nothing an Apex trigger upgrade wouldn't fix on a plain one.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Did I do ok then?

You bought yours for a good amount less that I sold mine for, and mine had several hundred rounds through it, so yup, I think you did OK.

When they come into regular inventory, prices will drop, but for the '"I want one now" buyer, you did fine.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Thanks Greg! I hear a lot of good things about your shop from MPDC4511. I hope to eventually make my way in there. Your store is literally 5 min.'s from my HQ's.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks Greg! I hear a lot of good things about your shop from MPDC4511. I hope to eventually make my way in there. Your store is literally 5 min.'s from my HQ's.

Nothing beats a guy who is honest......has cute girls working for him.......gives you a good deal.....sells great products.........did I mention him and Mike tell the truth?!?

The stuff they can do is so cool too......the wall paper stuff....presentation boxes.....custom shits......Bro I'm here twice a week. It's 5 mins away from "our area" and I can promise PG won't tattle.....I meet a crap ton of awesome PG cops In there

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    dayum! :smoke: i got me a shield for the price of a set of congas and bongos. had fun shooting them too. back on subject; now, how much are people paying for these devices today? :shrug:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    How stupid does one have to be to bid a gun up to $655 when the BIN priced was $550?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Congrats!

Excellent gun, but I'm not a fan of ported barrels, especially in small guns. If you shoot it from cover you will get some of the gas and powder back at you, especially if you hold at an angle from cover. Rocking back and shooting from retention ready will be 'trouble' too. If buy another barrel now that I think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom