Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Appendix carrying Glocks since 1990... No such problem... :shrug:

hook.jpg

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    OP-I think that's some fine shooting with that little gun. I wish I could do that well with all my guns.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Good review and good shooting.

On my little phone screen, at first I thought you shot an X across the head and body. I scrolled down and saw a more likely shot group.

Dang, another mistake on my part, thought you said 21 yards; had to scroll back up to see you said 21 feet. If that's two handed, slow fire, then it's pretty average for the folks I typically shoot with. If you don't mind coming out to Berwyn (as my guest) in October I'd like to shoot it. Maybe a few of us could pull off a mini-meet-up; I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't shot this new pistol yet.

Rick0212

Sep 4, 2015
    Holster choice

Hey Bafflingbs...what made you choose the DeSantis holster for a pocket carry? I am looking for a quality pocket carry holster for my new Glock 43 and was looking at the Recluse TS holster. What did you pay for the DeSantis?

Also...nice shooting....

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    That very picture with smarmy text on it. :thumbup:

Thanks

OP-I think that's some fine shooting with that little gun. I wish I could do that well with all my guns.

Thank you. It really wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Blaster is correct though. I think I could do a lot better if it had a trigger like my 19(3 1/2lb.)

You can. Front sight and smooth trigger. Taking your time.

:cool:

Good review and good shooting.

On my little phone screen, at first I thought you shot an X across the head and body. I scrolled down and saw a more likely shot group.

Dang, another mistake on my part, thought you said 21 yards; had to scroll back up to see you said 21 feet. If that's two handed, slow fire, then it's pretty average for the folks I typically shoot with. If you don't mind coming out to Berwyn (as my guest) in October I'd like to shoot it. Maybe a few of us could pull off a mini-meet-up; I'm sure I'm not the only one who hasn't shot this new pistol yet.

This was at Berwyn. I'm a member there. It was at the 50ft. range, at the first length. Those were 6" targets. It wasn't easy to master the 43. I have a host of excuses:innocent0

Nice shooting.... glad you are on the White Hat team!

Go Navy!

Hey Bafflingbs...what made you choose the DeSantis holster for a pocket carry? I am looking for a quality pocket carry holster for my new Glock 43 and was looking at the Recluse TS holster. What did you pay for the DeSantis?

Also...nice shooting....

I used the same brand for the LCP. It's soft for comfort and has a sticky(rubber) quality to the exterior. This aids in ensuring the holster stays in my pocket when I draw my pistol. Thanks!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

This was at Berwyn. I'm a member there. It was at the 50ft. range, at the first length. Those were 6" targets. It wasn't easy to master the 43. I have a host of excuses:innocent0

Ok, cool. Even better, this way I won't have to show you the ropes and go over the rules for the 1000th time. :)

Lets just agree to shoot in October sometime, I'd love to shoot your G43 and I'm sure I'll have something in tow that you'll be interested in.

Should be fun, we all usually go to lunch afterward if you are interested.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ok, cool. Even better, this way I won't have to show you the ropes and go over the rules for the 1000th time. :)

Lets just agree to shoot in October sometime, I'd love to shoot your G43 and I'm sure I'll have something in tow that you'll be interested in.

Pozole soup at that Mexican place.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

Just ordered a Ghost connector rod for it. 4.5lbs. Should make it easier. My Glock 19 is a laser now.
    My schedule is pretty tight throughout the middle of the month. But, sounds great!

Chasbo00

Jun 30, 2012
    Northern VA
    Since the Glock 43 is basically a pocket gun, maybe something like Hackathorn's below drill is more appropriate than shooting groups.

I offer the following ‘Wizard Drill’. It is very simple, requires only five rounds of ammo, and can be shot on any range that allows work from the holster.

IDPA or IPSC (USPSA) targets are ideal. Place a 4″ circle centered in the head of the target. The handgun you use should be the one you carry, in the manner you routinely pack it. Ammo should be the self defense or duty ammo you carry as well. The time for each string of fire is 2.5 seconds. Start at 3 yards. On signal, draw and fire one head shot strong hand only at the head. Repeat at 5 yards, but you may use both hands.

Repeat at 7 yards, again both hands are permitted. Last, at 10 yards draw and fire two (2) body shots in the allowed 2.5 seconds. When you are done, you should have three head shots and two body hits. A miss is a fail. You can drop 2 points and past the test, anymore is a fail. Set your timer at 2.5 seconds. I allow 2.7 as that is about the length of the buzzer on most timers. If you are using a pocket carry mode, you may start with your hand on the gun in the pocket. Otherwise, hands normal at sides, no touching of the gun until the buzzer. Hits in the 4″ head circle or cutting the line are considered down zero, outside the circle but inside the head perforation is down one point. Competent and practiced shooters may consider this drill simple, but let’s be honest these folks make up less than one tenth of one precent of the people that carry firearms for self defense.

Try it, you may be in for a humbling experience. Don’t be surprised to find that those little 2″ airweight .38 special revolvers and pocket 380 autos are nearly impossible to pass this drill with. In police work we call this “a clue”.

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/12/06/gunfighter-moment-ken-hackathorn-7/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom