• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I've got my Savage slug gun sighted in as well as my rifles over the past 2 weeks. It would be nice to win a managed hunt lottery, but I am thinking of going to North River Retreat in WV for a hunt: http://www.northriverretreat.com

If you have experience with that place let me know. They offer quail hunting and sporting clays as well. I just don't like rifle hunting on public land. Just too many hunters in a small area. Otherwise, it will be the Ike Walton for me, but I have not had any success there.

Where do you like to hunt?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I will be bow hunting in my back yard and possibly heading to Ohio or West Virginia for firearm season.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    All ready for bow opener on friday. Hunted all year last year with just my bow not sure if I will take the muzzleloader or rifles out this year or not.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I'll be crossbow hunting on my place here. Don't like to hunt when it's hot but I will this year. Waited too long last year and only got one due to other commitments keeping me out of the field.

Already have most of opening weekend jacked up.........However, there is about 6mns to go so I'll make it happen.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I will be deer hunting just east of Salisbury and goose hunting in centerville. I've been deer hunting with the same club for almost 20 years now. Nowadays it's not about getting a deer but having a great time with the guy I hunt with and have we had some great times in those 20 years. But I can't tell you guys about any of those stories cause of the first rule of hunting camp.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I'll be crossbow hunting on my place here. Don't like to hunt when it's hot but I will this year. Waited too long last year and only got one due to other commitments keeping me out of the field.

Already have most of opening weekend jacked up.........However, there is about 6mns to go so I'll make it happen.

Same here. Most of my hunting will be early season and late season. My two least favorite times to hunt.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I can't wait! From hot days with ticks in September to freezing my toes off in January, I love deer hunting.

I've never heard of that place but let us know if you try them.

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    I've really been looking forward to Friday. Found some nice spots in Frederick County over the summer. Anyone have thoughts on the old saying 'don't hunt mornings during the early season?'

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Yup, just gotta find the time is all. We put our house up for sale and are looking for another now, so time is at a premium. The crossbow is sighted in and ready to rock though.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Will definitely be doing more deer hunting than last year.

I finally talked my wife into getting me an early birthday present....a crossbow. So I'll be out earlier this year and for more time than just shotgun.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Ive been bow hunting and havent seen much...I did see a few deer but they weren't in range or they didnt give me an opportunity for a shot to shoot them:sad20: I did see a cow elk the other day when I was out but she too was out of bow range. If it was rifle season she would have been dead:lol2:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Ive been bow hunting and havent seen much...I did see a few deer but they weren't in range or they didnt give me an opportunity for a shot to shoot them:sad20: I did see a cow elk the other day when I was out but she too was out of bow range. If it was rifle season she would have been dead:lol2:

Yea, yea... shoulda, woulda, coulda. Just tell me when you're sending that elk backstrap to me. ;)

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Yea, yea... shoulda, woulda, coulda. Just tell me when you're sending that elk backstrap to me. ;)

:lol2: thats like the filet mignon of the forest, man the backstraps stay here! Im torn right now of shooting a cow elk and then missing an opportunity on a big bull. But either way elk in the freezer is a good thing:D

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    :lol2: thats like the filet mignon of the forest, man the backstraps stay here! Im torn right now of shooting a cow elk and then missing an opportunity on a big bull. But either way elk in the freezer is a good thing:D

Why do you think I asked? I love elk backstrap. Only had it once, but it was good eats.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yea there will be late season OTC bull and cow tags. And all small game and furbearers will be open as well. No limits on bobcat and beaver this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had me interested for a minute. I thought I read "No limits on Cougar and Beaver this year". I was calling the airlines to get a one way ticket as soon as possible. :innocent0 ;)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I usually don't start hunting in earnest until late October and I will continue hunting deer til January 31st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom