• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Agree with Maurauder on this point. You should be fine. I just didn't want you to be all excited and show up at the range and have light strikes and have the big swing from super stoked to super bummed.

Hopefully you'll be celebrating at the range later.

I looked at the nutnfancy video bigalf recommended. it can be found here.

Definitely worth a look for free if you're curious about the next step. The work being done is on a J frame, but the internals are similar enough that everything, with the exception of the mainspring, crosses over.

If you want more details and think you might want to try it yourself, the Miculek video I mentioned is worth buying.

Thanks! Good video. Nutnfancy is one of my favorite YouTube stars. I watched the following video to learn what marauder was speaking of. The video quality seems a little better, though not quite as informative. I embedded our video's. I hope you don't mind.

BBS, you did good. Just test the gun thoroughly and make sure it hits primers hard in double action. Personally I prefer guns that don't require a Smith to service. You did good.

I would recommend against changing springs in a small frame revolver for defensive use unless you really know what you are doing. Especially S&W J Frames. Personally I think Rugers snubbies are better for Trigger Work and S&W large frames are better for Trigger Work.

My mentor disagrees, but then again we disagree about almost every platform. He likes what he likes, because he likes it. I like guns for common ammo availability, ease of cleaning, maintenances, and readily available parts.

Thanks Chad! :thumbsup:

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm jealous, there's something about the 586 that's just beautiful to me. I've never owned a wheel gun, but I will change that with one of these one day

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    I think it's actually more fun to shoot. Definitely prettier.

Nice job!

Have you gotten into swapping/collecting grips yet? I think Ahrends Tacticals on a 586/686 are my favorite. I seem to shoot better with those grips than anything else.

grips2.jpg

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    Your Altamont grips are very nice. It a great thing when you find a grip that works, isn't it? Took me a while - I went through about 8 pair before I found my "fit"…

EDIT: I just realized you and I had a whole PM conversation about grips around this time last year. haha. Dang, I'm getting old..

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I did notice that while shooting in double action, it is now, much easier to control a steady aim. It's not so jumpy while pulling the trigger to the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom