Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    image.jpg
    Are you talking about this?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That can recess on the Carrier looks really bad. did someone rework that Carrier? That looks like stuff I have seen the loons on some AK boards tell people to do to their Saiga 12's

I cant see anything wrong with the BHO, but it could still be that if the problem isn't with that carrier cam recess.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    That can recess on the Carrier looks really bad. did someone rework that Carrier? That looks like stuff I have seen the loons on some AK boards tell people to do to their Saiga 12's

I cant see anything wrong with the BHO, but it could still be that if the problem isn't with that carrier cam recess.
    Can it be fixed? I told you, I need your help...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No sticking when you hand cycle it? Im gonna have to think about this.

Can you shoot it left handed to see if your bumping the bolt hold open?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    No sticking when you hand cycle it? Im gonna have to think about this.

Can you shoot it left handed to see if your bumping the bolt hold open?
    You may be right about the bolt hold open, I didn't really think about it until just now, but, maybe I was hitting it. Or it was sticking. I was shooting it with gloves on. I don't know. But now I'm a little ashamed of my Bubbaism...:shrug:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Are you guys trying to put me on the wall of shame, lol. Just call me Buba, and let's get on with fixin' it.:innocent0:banghead::deadhorse::poke::facepalm::whack::sad53::sign07::shrug::asshat::spank::omg:

:lol2: We wouldn't do that. :)

You may be right about the bolt hold open, I didn't really think about it until just now, but, maybe I was hitting it. Or it was sticking. I was shooting it with gloves on. I don't know. But now I'm a little ashamed of my Bubbaism...:shrug:

Hopefully that's all that's wrong. Put some grease in that recess on the carrier, and you should be ok.

At any rate, please get back to gun smithing soon, so I can let you do it right. I suck...

You did just fine. Better than my first job on my own S12. :thumbsup::)

Im hoping to be back by December. :)

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    :lol2: We wouldn't do that. :)

Hopefully that's all that's wrong. Put some grease in that recess on the carrier, and you should be ok.

You did just fine. Better than my first job on my own S12. :thumbsup::)

Im hoping to be back by December. :)
    I will be first in line! I'd like to make it a short barrel. Thanks for all of your help. I'll let you know if that did the trick.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    No shaming going in here, just curiuos. Wasn't sure if you bought it like that. I'm a member of the saiga 12 forum. Lots of good info there if you sift through the garbage.
    I've gotten a lot of info. from that site. I did my own conversion, and my own duracoating. I saw somewhere, to round out that channel for smoother cycling, as mine was very rough. It's really not as bad as it looks. There is a nice lip on it, yet it is now rounded vs. very edgy. Honestly, the top of my hammer could use a little more help. I did the best I could, with what I had. I really think the bolt hold open button was caught on some duracoat. It seems to be ok now, but, I'll have to shoot it to be sure. I will get back to you guys after. Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I think you were right all along. Thank you.

hope that's all it is, I know I had to rework half of my saiga to get it to run the right way with the cheap birdshot I throw through it. But boy is it satisfying that first time you get a whole 20 through the drum with no jams. Try some oil on the BHO spring and check to see if you got any pieces of metal stuck in it or other gunk that would restrict it from going back down easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom