• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wbgv

Sep 8, 2014
    Hedgesville
    I called the licensing office,on Friday.....found out more on the time turnaround....it varies between the states....I ask to talk with the lady,in charge of my state(WV)...she told me that she was in charge of WV and Minn..and that it takes 2-3 mouths for those states...other states take as little as 2 weeks,with 3-4 being average...she went to pull up my app. And could not find it in the stack...called today..she found it and processed it thru..being printed tonight and mailed tomorrow....damn,it will be good to be broke again !

Fender

Sep 26, 2014
    Rocky Ridge, MD
    I called the licensing office,on Friday.....found out more on the time turnaround....it varies between the states....I ask to talk with the lady,in charge of my state(WV)...she told me that she was in charge of WV and Minn..and that it takes 2-3 mouths for those states...other states take as little as 2 weeks,with 3-4 being average...she went to pull up my app. And could not find it in the stack...called today..she found it and processed it thru..being printed tonight and mailed tomorrow....damn,it will be good to be broke again !

Sorry for the double post.

Could you post that number? I might have to be calling them to see what's going on.

Fender

Sep 26, 2014
    Rocky Ridge, MD
    :banghead: The ATF mailed my form back. I forgot to fill out Section 9. :banghead:

However it was stamped on the 11th so they reviewed it in about 10 days after receiving it. Could of had it already but I am impressed with how quickly they moved. I suppose now is the time to send 'em in!

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    question: with the election coming up and my sherrif not running again, should i wait until its over? since there will be a new sherrif and my form will most likely be reviewed after the election

Rapture

Total Loser
    Jun 5, 2013
    In the woods
    question: with the election coming up and my sherrif not running again, should i wait until its over? since there will be a new sherrif and my form will most likely be reviewed after the election

I would just submit it to ATF and copy the CLEO on record as of the date the paperwork was sent.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

Your form will not be "reviewed". Your sheriff has absolutely no say in anything related to your application. You are required to submit a copy of your application to your LEO as an FYI only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Your form will not be "reviewed". Your sheriff has absolutely no say in anything related to your application. You are required to submit a copy of your application to your LEO as an FYI only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

the reason i was wondering was that the name of the sheriff on the form could be wrong, depending on the review date

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    the reason i was wondering was that the name of the sheriff on the form could be wrong, depending on the review date

It will be a couple of months after the election that the new sheriff takes office anyway. Still, as long as it's correct as of the application date, you should have no trouble.

Wbgv

Sep 8, 2014
    Hedgesville
    My license ame in Tuesday's mail.....10 minutes later,my internet went out until 11:30 today....now what to order 1st..hummmmmm .......

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD

The C&R form is very specific about the role of the CLEO. They do not approve or disapprove of the application. All you are doing is informing them of the application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom