• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    so after few years of procrastination on getting a xbow.. finally got one this weekend. shot it yesterday.
    uploadfromtaptalk1410190926482.jpg

sorry for lousy pic. its the titan extreme.

good thing for the anti dry firing safety.. i could have broken it already.. lol. fifth try.. forgot to put in the bolt.. oopsy.

it shoots better than i could.
    my wife said.. "you bought it so you could be like Daryl from the zombie show". lol

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I was always scared that the rages would open from the force of being shot. I use a standard fixed 150gr 3 blade broadhead, works fine for me.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    rage 2 blade shoot decent...muzzy's are good too. I have a couple rage 2 blades...if you want I'll send them to you.

great.. gonna go get some.. keep yours.. i know they are not cheap..

Congrats :thumbsup:

Get some 2+ inch Rage broadheads, and illuminoks

PS: Don't forget the mono-pole

thanks.. yeah... i need a pod.. was shooting of hand.. was tired after a dozen times of shooting.. lol

I was always scared that the rages would open from the force of being shot. I use a standard fixed 150gr 3 blade broadhead, works fine for me.
    i got muzzy also for regular bow.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I have always got much better blood trails from 3 or 4 blades. Two blades just don't paint the woods the same. Beyond that, I use fixed blades for my crossbow and 3 blade Rage for my compound since the acceleration of a bolt is much higher than an arrow I was worried about mechanicals opening up on bolts.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    great.. gonna go get some.. keep yours.. i know they are not cheap..

thanks.. yeah... i need a pod.. was shooting of hand.. was tired after a dozen times of shooting.. lol

i got muzzy also for regular bow.

I cant use them on game out here:sad20: send my your address in PM I'll send you them..

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I've never had it happen and I've killed deer the last 4 years with rage 2 blades out of a compound and crossbow. I switched from Muzzy's and never looked back. But if you're really worried about it Rage makes lock collars now

http://www.basspro.com/Rage-Xtreme-...acement-Shock-Collars/product/12032105011115/

I've seen those, but I will stick to fixed blades, if the mechanicals don't open its just poking holes.

My xbow shoots a 150gr broadhead at 365fps, are standard bows going that fast now? If so...that is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom