• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    So, today I was doing several errands and decided to get my LiveScan done for HQL while I was out. Everything was going as routine until the tech imputed the ORI number... Guess what, yep that's right, the MSP number for receiving the results is not active! Go figure. Starting to think that maybe all the state IT people are working on Obamacare.

Don't bother going for LiveScan until after the 1st.

Just another delay mechanism...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Aren't the prints only valid for 30 days? MSP has yet to attempt a rollout of the live HQL app. If the initial try (or tries) goes belly up and delays string along, you'll have wasted time and money on the prints, regardless of whether HQL codes are in the LiveScan system.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Aren't the prints only valid for 30 days? MSP has yet to attempt a rollout of the live HQL app. If the initial try (or tries) goes belly up and delays string along, you'll have wasted time and money on the prints, regardless of whether HQL codes are in the LiveScan system.

Then sue MSP in smalls claims for the money wasted caused by their delay. Just to make them defend it.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's a noble idea for anyone willing to invest thousands of dollars and have significant lost work time. I applaud anybody who does, if that's what it comes down to, but it's hardly a trivial endeavor, especially when most companies are looking to unload overhead.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    It's a noble idea for anyone willing to invest thousands of dollars and have significant lost work time. I applaud anybody who does, if that's what it comes down to, but it's hardly a trivial endeavor, especially when most companies are looking to unload overhead.

What part of small claims did you miss? Max fee to file is $50 and that's based on the amount you're suing for. You do not need a lawyer and the standard of proof and courtroom etiquette is much lower.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Easy there. Got it. You mean just to get a LiveScan refund, not to challenge the entire premise. Small claims is not going to refund lost work time. Best you'll get is a refund of LiveScan fees and maybe reimbursement of your court filing fee. Not worth the effort, considering that you'll miss even more work.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    AGC.MSI et al have filed a lawsuit yesterday over theHhQL. I am sure the lack of a Livescan code will be part of the suit.

The hits just keep on comin'

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Easy there. Got it. You mean just to get a LiveScan refund, not to challenge the entire premise. Small claims is not going to refund lost work time. Best you'll get is a refund of LiveScan fees and maybe reimbursement of your court filing fee. Not worth the effort, considering that you'll miss even more work.

Exactly! It just causes them grief and adds to their workload and in the long run the more pain we cause them in the next month or two the better.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    So if I want a live scan I can't go get it? I have a rifle being held hostage and the dealer said the only way to get the rifle without waiting 5 months is to go get live scan or buy something unregulated from them.

Btw how much is the livescan fee?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    MSP needs to have a specific Livescan code for the new HQL. They haven't gotten it apparently. More incompetence from MSP.

It only affects persons attempting to apply for an HQL.

I don't understand why the dealer wants a Livescan. Who's going to receive it? MSP? For what? If a 77r was submitted why didn't he release it on the 8th day?

confused.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    MSP needs to have a specific Livescan code for the new HQL. They haven't gotten it apparently. More incompetence from MSP.

It only affects persons attempting to apply for an HQL.

I don't understand why the dealer wants a Livescan. Who's going to receive it? MSP? For what? If a 77r was submitted why didn't he release it on the 8th day?

confused.

Before I transferred the rifle too them I was told 10 day but that parts doesn't matter. I don't have any recent ND as they are sent to the ffls not you and I and the ffls are far too busy to dig through paperwork to find a ND for me. Had I known they would change their tune I would have used someone else.

As for the livescan if I spend the money and take the time off work I might as well use it for my HQL as I'd rather not have to do it twice.

Needless to say not very happy. I was debating buying a 10/22 for the boy to shoot and use that ncis number and they said that wouldn't work either. I needed livescan or to buy unregulated from them.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Exactly! It just causes them grief and adds to their workload and in the long run the more pain we cause them in the next month or two the better.

We're on the same page. I can afford to do it and would do so out of spite and principle. While most people understandably cannot do so, it just takes a few hundred of us.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    But the Livescan goes to MSP, not the dealer. How does that help you with the FFL? He doesn't get the Livescan results. You get a receipt but how does that prove anything as far as a criminal record? AFAIK MSP doesn't routinely send you a copy of the CJIS records search like CJIS does with a Handgun permit app.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    So if I want a live scan I can't go get it? I have a rifle being held hostage and the dealer said the only way to get the rifle without waiting 5 months is to go get live scan or buy something unregulated from them.

Btw how much is the livescan fee?

Your FFL is wrong.You do not need a HQL to pick up your rifle. Only handguns.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    But the Livescan goes to MSP, not the dealer. How does that help you with the FFL? He doesn't get the Livescan results. You get a receipt but how does that prove anything as far as a criminal record? AFAIK MSP doesn't routinely send you a copy of the CJIS records search like CJIS does with a Handgun permit app.

He said once I receive the results bring it back sealed and he would release. How long does this take? I don't want to have to deal with live scan twice. Un swamped at work right now and struggle to make it home before the kids go to bed much less when msp closes.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    He didn't say I had yo have hql. He said if I didn't want to wait 5-6 months I needed live scan or to buy an unregulated firearm from him.

Then the FFL wants to verify you pass NICS. Bought anything else unregulated in MD lately that you can show the FFL your paperwork for?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    No but I asked him if I go get a 10/22 at say walmart can I bring in the paperwork he said no. You have to buy from me or get live scan.

All of my money has been towards regulated purchases as most will be banned.

mtnwisdom

Sep 9, 2012
    Sparrows Point
    So if I want a live scan I can't go get it? I have a rifle being held hostage and the dealer said the only way to get the rifle without waiting 5 months is to go get live scan or buy something unregulated from them. Btw how much is the livescan fee?

It was $58.50, gladly refunded when the ORI was found to be not active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom