• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Anyone have any good/ bad experiences?

I'm not really worried about anything 20+ rounds, but if there are some ones that are marginal, I'd like to avoid them.

Thanks

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    C-Products/ASC were reported to be pretty solid.

But I don't have a 6.8, so I can't say from personal experience.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have tried many, Older pre -waffle pri's were very good and Barret are the best but I have only ever seen 30 rounders. I have some Old C-products that are good. ASC and Stoner are the worst IMHO.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    I had read bad reviews on the stoner mags, so I was looking to confirm. You never know how many online reviews are legit.

THANKS TO ALL!!

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    I have C-Products mags that have worked well. Bought 4 AR Stoner mags because of availability and now I'm concerned due to the comments.

Guess I'll rebuild them if necessary.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    I have C-Products mags that have worked well. Bought 4 AR Stoner mags because of availability and now I'm concerned due to the comments.

Guess I'll rebuild them if necessary.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

It might have been an early run of them too, that's why I was looking to see if anyone had bad experiences with any brand in particular

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    I'll post my experience when available. Darn ammo is expensive. Need to reload it.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I've had a 6.8 for about two years now, currently have PRI waffles, C-Products, D&H (2nd gen), and C-Products Defense (different than the old C-Products) mags. For the price I would say I am most fond of the D&H and the C-Products Defense mags. Never had an issue with either, quality is real good, and when in stock both under $20. Also heard good things about the Barretts but a little pricey.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The Barretts are bullet proof from my personal experience but I don't have any from other manufactures. I'd like to find some others that are less expensive.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I've had a 6.8 for several years now. The older PRI mags were great because you could load cartridges that were slightly longer than 2.260" OAL and they would feed properly. C-Products are decent, I have four of them. If you use ammunition that's 2.260" or shorter, the Barretts are awesome, and actually hold 30 rounds. I have four of them. I have not tried the other mags mentioned.

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    Anyone have any good/ bad experiences?

I'm not really worried about anything 20+ rounds, but if there are some ones that are marginal, I'd like to avoid them.

Thanks

I must have been the only person NOT having issues with the early C-Products mags as they all worked fine. Others told a different tale. Now C-Products is made by ASC on old C-Products tooling. I'd avoid them for many reasons, some functional, some ethical.

The NEW C-Products Defense mags are really much better and I bought some at AIM I think for $10 per 25 round mag, bought out of state.

I also have several PRI and they are like $43 a mag so pretty expensive. I mainly got PRI so they could double as .458 SOCOM mags when I got a 458 which I did maybe a few months ago. Funny thing, I use old C-P and bought some Lancers and have never used the PRI.

My vote? C-Products Defense.

AIM has a 10 round one for $10

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MCPAR6810&name=C+Products+Defense+10rd+6.8+SPC+SS+AR+Magazine&groupid=578

The best place to ask 6.8 questions is http://68forums.com/. I read a lot, don't really post but they are the 6.8 experts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom