B & K Distributors
    6440 Oakland Mills Road
    Columbia, MD 21045

(301) 621-8298

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    FYI, Color of Change has made a career of doing this. Not so much with preventing bills from passing, but aggressively attempting to boycott businesses based on their stance on an issue. They have something new weekly that they ask their members to boycott. It's gotten to the point where it carries no weight whatsoever any more.

My point is this: This is a great way to make a stand, however, it should be used judiciously. This is a perfect time to use it, but let's not make a habit of it.

http://colorofchange.org/

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

Yes please do both. The ongoing flood of our contacts has had an effect. I can't see any reason to slack off on that now given we're so close to sine die, unless you only time to do either one or the other. Besides, you can use a part of your email/call to let the delegates/senators/staffers know that you've started also contacting their contributors. How else are they going to know? This new strategy will take days/weeks/months to become effective; votes may be cast this week!

Remember Norton's admonition:

Monkey wrenching is a time honored political tool. We don't make nearly as good a use of it as some other advocacy groups.

Ref: http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2081239&postcount=332

Also recall that the longer we can stall this process the harder it becomes for them as they approach sine die. That strategy worked well for us last year.

I'm not saying don't adopt this new strategy - by all means do it. I'm just saying don't give up your daily emails, faxes, and phone calls. I believe they still have a very important role to play in convincing them we haven't gone away - their current claim.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Madcat: Great info. Would it be possible for you to update your post with the Delegate information?

Done.

If anyone notices google gave me bad info, let me know or point it out here. Also, I'm not going to be giving out info for individuals listed by name. It's too possible that I'd get the wrong John Doe if more than one pops up.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Any contact with them is another contact that did not exist before that point.

Standing on their desk, kindly explaining the finer points of your objections is going to gather more attention than an email from AGC email app.

But If you are not one that can deal with face to face conversation, do not let that stop you.

Come to Annapolis and be a warm body, make calls from the hallways of the House Building while you wait.

Print up your own 'SB-281 Bad' or '2014 I'm a Dem and I can't wait to vote' or the MSI 281 flyer. Or All of them and hand them out to office staff.

If you call talk to your rep in person - that is the best.

But if not - anything you are comfortable with is great. It is possible to email tonight watching tv, and tomorrow you can meet with your rep.

Use any of the methods, use all of them.

But please, do something, this is too important to lose.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    For the record...MSI approved. Not our idea, but a good one is something we can latch onto.

Just be nice and respectful. Tell the people to call Speaker Busch and the Governor.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    We haven't heard an official stance yet... therefore, he needs convincing. I'll only take the dogs off if Patrick (or an MSI Board member) tells me to.

:D
    Bromwell is with us. Official. Likewise Eckardt. Light up other people.

Costa...still waiting for the official statement.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Eric Bromwell is on our side. (I'm pretty sure). I have talked to him and his office staff multiple times and every time they told me that he was opposing any Gun Control Legislation. Has something changed? Should I call again. He is the only Dem in my district so he better hope he doesn't vote for this bill or his career will die young.

Bromwell good.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    If you are a MEMBER of one of those unions, call them, and here's the rub! Tell them you want to know how you can RECLAIM YOUR PORTION OF UNION DUES THAT THEY GIVE AS POLITICAL CONTRIBUTIONS!!!

Both the delegates and unions are supposed to work for you.

Possible to leverage out of state 2A support

Since this idea is dealing with businesses (donors), and businesses generate revenue elsewhere, we may want to think of ways to enlist the help of Pro-2A folks from other states (perhaps our friends on Calguns, NY Shooters, VAGUNs, etc?).

In the same vein but on a larger scale...
    Who is in communication with the NRA or GOA? Could we enlist their help?

I haven't had the chance to look at the list of donors closely yet, so maybe someone else can weigh in on whether this is a good idea or not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom