• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Anybody else seen this mentioned before, it was in my response from delegate Viatle.

I appreciate your e-mail. Please know that I am an ardent supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights and will vote accordingly.

There will be many bills introduced during the upcoming session on both sides of the 2nd Amendment issue, and I encourage you to consider testifying on any bills you feel strongly about. It makes a difference if you testify and, if you are able to do so, please follow the information provided below.

Go to http://mgaleg.maryland.gov. On the home page under the photo you will see a drop-down box entitled, "My Broad Subject." Click the arrow and scroll down to "Public Safety (E4)" to find a listing of all gun-related bills and their hearing dates. You can visit http://dls.state.md.us/Content.aspx?page=31 for more specific information on the process of testifying.

Also, you may wish to attend the "Forum on Gun Violence - A Conversation Among Law Enforcement and Community Leaders to Consider Practical Solutions” on Monday, February 4, 2012 from 9:00AM-12:00PM in Westminister Hall on the campus of the University of Maryland School of Law in Baltimore. The event will be hosted by Douglas F. Gansler, the Attorney General of Maryland.
    I will be sure to provide you with updates on related legislation. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with future comments and questions.

Thank you,

Delegate Cathy Vitale
    Anne Arundel County, District 33A
    Lowe House Office Building
    6 Bladen Street, Room 154
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    O-410- 841-3510
    F -410- 841-3180

I will be out of town but I hope some folks will be able to attend

Wapato

Aug 26, 2011

As more of this stuff pops up I can't help but feel we're at a disadvantage.

If I was unemployed, single, and living in my parent's basement I could freaking Occupy all these meetings and whatnot.

However I think lots of us have families and professional jobs that are hard to get away from so it's a serious pain to do ANY of these things to say nothing of lots of them.

amonch

Feb 2, 2010
    Howard County

As more of this stuff pops up I can't help but feel we're at a disadvantage.

If I was unemployed, single, and living in my parent's basement I could freaking Occupy all these meetings and whatnot.

However I think lots of us have families and professional jobs that are hard to get away from so it's a serious pain to do ANY of these things to say nothing of lots of them.

Do whatever you can like write letters to your representatives and tell others about what is going on. I'm in the same boat but I am taking off on Wed the 6th to go and testify. I’ve also been writing letters MD senators and trying to get all of my family and friends to write as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom