• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • capac2727

Aug 23, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    So I ordered a box of 12ga shells that they had on sale...

They ship me a box containing a shotgun stock, a digital powder scale, and a bunch of TAPCO chamber safety tools for shotguns, pistols, and rifles. They obviously shipped me someone else's order.

I call their customer service line which has almost a 30 minute wait but I don't complain because I know how crazy it is out there now and I also understand it was just an honest mistake.

However when I finally get a customer service rep on the phone he tells me that:

1. The shells are no longer in stock and cannot be backordered so I'm SOL.
    2. They want me to go ahead a ship them back the material that THEY shipped me INCORRECTLY but they don't do return shipping labels so I need to ship it back on my dime and then they will POSSIBLY refund me the entire amount.

Should I not be a little miffed about this? I've used them in the past without issue but as soon as I had any kind of actual need beyond buying material from them their customer service turned to s&$t. This will be my last time buying anything from Midway USA.

Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Personally I wouldn't mail it back...did they charge your CC? I wouldn't pay a cent to send it back...if they can't send UPS/FedEx to come get it, guess they don't want it.

CapoGreg

Extra mediocre
    Aug 10, 2009
    Aberdeen
    Yup, I worked in distribution and any company worth anything will be able to issue a parcel call tag to return it. Sell the stuff at a gun show then file a complaint with your CC company to get your money back.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Let me first say I've dealt with Midway for over 20 years and issues are very rare. Do they make mistakes? Sure...everybody does. The few times I've had an issue with an order, they've jumped through hoops to make it right and then some.

If the issue you have was mine I'd take a deep breath, not be pissed and call them again. Ask to speak with a C/S supervisor, explain the issue and find a resolution. They may not be able to send you 12 ga shells they no longer have in stock, but I'm confident they'll make you happy when all is said and done.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    And to you posters who are SO damn quick to throw Midway under the bus...I have to wonder how many times YOU PERSONALLY have ever dealt with them! Hmmm?
    :mad54:

:sad20:

capac2727

Aug 23, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    Let me first say I've dealt with Midway for over 20 years and issues are very rare. Do they make mistakes? Sure...everybody does. The few times I've had an issue with an order, they've jumped through hoops to make it right and then some.

If the issue you have was mine I'd take a deep breath, not be pissed and call them again. Ask to speak with a C/S supervisor, explain the issue and find a resolution. They may not be able to send you 12 ga shells they no longer have in stock, but I'm confident they'll make you happy when all is said and done.

I hear ya j8064. I was going to wait until tomorrow when I was a little less grumpy about it and call again. I strongly suspect the problem was with the particular customer service rep I got on the phone. He sounded young (wow I sound like my dad) and very tired and I'm sure they've had a TON of work and problems since the panic buying started. They did already charge my CC and they said they would refund it. What ticked me off was that the customer service rep wasn't even the slightest bit apologetic and when I first called he seemed shocked that they could even make such a mistake. I work in commercial HVAC sales and my warehouse screws up at least one order a week and I always apologize, ask if there is anything I can do to make it right, and I would NEVER expect a customer to pay to ship back material that my warehouse shipped incorrectly.

To everyone that has replied I want to say thanks for listening to me whine. :) I've only been on this site a few months but it really is an awesome resource for information. I've learned a lot just by reading the forums here. Thanks guys!!!

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Midway has always been great to me. I once ordered the wrong size Butler Creek lense cap and emailed to get a return shipment authorization. (Nothing big but still it was $8 or so) they told me just to keep it and sent me another. I'd keep the shipment they sent you and put a dispute on your card if they insist on charging you.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Last order just before christmas, 3k, boollits. Boxed is somewhat f'd up. I openned it and boolits all over. Ups probably just dropped it and retaped. :banghead:

Besides this, they have been great. Guess just the extra help they hire are just not paying much attention on packing.

capac2727

Aug 23, 2012
    Parkville, MD
    Why are you mad? You got stuff worth 10 times as much as you paid wtf

It wasn't about the $, it was about crappy customer service. I'm kind of a stickler for good customer service because it seems to disappearing rapidly. I understand the stuff I got was worth more than the shells but I don't need any of it and I certainly don't want to pay to send it back.

Buddy

Aug 2, 2010
    PA
    I ordered a scope from Midway and it would not hold zero. So I called Midway and they told me to send it back. I went to the post office and shiped it. I payed for shiping back thinking I would send $10 to send it back and get my $200 back. When they refunded my cc they also refunded the returned shiping. I am very happy with Midway and will use them again.

Nate-X

Jul 20, 2010
    Hollywood, Maryland
    So I ordered a box of 12ga shells that they had on sale...

They ship me a box containing a shotgun stock, a digital powder scale, and a bunch of TAPCO chamber safety tools for shotguns, pistols, and rifles. They obviously shipped me someone else's order.

I call their customer service line which has almost a 30 minute wait but I don't complain because I know how crazy it is out there now and I also understand it was just an honest mistake.

However when I finally get a customer service rep on the phone he tells me that:

1. The shells are no longer in stock and cannot be backordered so I'm SOL.
    2. They want me to go ahead a ship them back the material that THEY shipped me INCORRECTLY but they don't do return shipping labels so I need to ship it back on my dime and then they will POSSIBLY refund me the entire amount.

Should I not be a little miffed about this? I've used them in the past without issue but as soon as I had any kind of actual need beyond buying material from them their customer service turned to s&$t. This will be my last time buying anything from Midway USA.

Wouldn't be miffed. If a return is going to be that complicated I'd just keep it and find shells somewhere else.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom