Attachments

• F79A83AC-E254-4B13-9911-10A0986E73C8.jpeg
      F79A83AC-E254-4B13-9911-10A0986E73C8.jpeg
      19.4 KB · Views: 348

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've been on the hunt for one for the last several days...even though I know of two well heeled collectors that special ordered four 3" last year and just received them (all consecutive serial numbers), regular production and distribution doesn't start until next month or maybe March. I'm trying to get one reserved before they disappear into the hands of brokers who resell them on Gunbrokers at a huge markup.

From what I understand Colt may be interested in making them in 2.5" as well as they tried to convince the two collectors to special order that barrel length. Never can tell. Whether it's due to CZ's recent acquisition of Colt or not, the company seems to be planning a big push in the market. I'm also waiting for the .454 Anaconda which is on Colt's radar screen.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I have never tried 357. I shot 38 spl out of SW hammerless snub nose. It feels like a punishment with each trigger pull. I am scared of 357 let alone 44 magnum.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    it's probably " twisty " with that short of a barrel , my 4" gp100 shoots 357 fine , just need to grip it well .

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    A .357 out of any snub nosed revolver can be punishing...much depends on the size of the gun...the grips it has...the individual load being fired and the stance and technique the shooter is using. The biggest issue is not just recoil but blast, flash and lost velocity due to the shorter barrel. A .38 Special in a lightweight snubby can be punishing as well as you've described.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Ha! Fun as in pushing out explosive charge from a piece of metal and not blowing the hand off? :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But seriously ; .357 out of full size gun of at least 4in bbl is less punishing than a lightweight small frame .38 .

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have never tried 357. I shot 38 spl out of SW hammerless snub nose. It feels like a punishment with each trigger pull. I am scared of 357 let alone 44 magnum.

Too heavy, too light, just right, said the 3 Bears. Well, sort of....for memory purposes anyway.

One handgun will be an absolute joy, or an absolute bitch to carry. The other, a joy or a bitch to shoot. Still another, somewhere in between. Hard to impossible to draw meaningful conclusions regarding cartridge recoil, without considering what said cartridge is being fired in.

You don't get it all. Make your mind up to that. Handguns and rifles both, weight matters. So does stock configuration and design, and bullet weight, and load, and on and on.

Much depends on what you're looking to do, or will value most, with whatever combo you choose.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    * For Me * , in * My Hands * , subcompact , blow back .380 is more uncomfortable than .44 Magnum .

Is .38 Spl , 158 +P is punishing from 13oz small frame , but pleasant from a medium frame 4 inch . For perspective , 158 from Airweight J Frame is worse than full house .357 from K Frame or equivalent .

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    The only short barreled .357 I still own is a 3 inch S&W 13.

It now is on the wife's side of the bed with .38's.
    Shooting .357 through it was always an interesting experience. Fantastic fireballs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom