• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    "Effective November 1st, 2031 The firearms registration Branch will begin issuing mobile weapon apps, which individuals can 3D print or store on their smartphones. That means carrying your polymer firearm is no longer an issue."

Geezus, that’s a long ways away; funny that they even think anyone still left in MD-Stan will be paying attention to any laws in the state, by then! :lol2:

Holy FK the pdf has user permission to edit it!! What kind of morons are the MPD??

Wouldn’t surprise me, once that’s called to their attention, at least some there (and MD Gen’l Assembly) will have a momentary wet dream, thinking, even for but a flash, “This means we’ll have to nullify ALL permits, and start ALL OVER!”

Hard to imagine but, this how some bureaucrats and especially some policy- and procedure-writers’ minds function …

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The are testing the system for the SC decision in NYSRPA. Constitutional carry :party29::party29:
    Well the issue will turn more on may vs shall than constitutional carry per se.

And I am one of those not full optimistic about that going the right way for us. If you look at the questions even the justices on our side asked, we may not get it. and if jurisdictions are allowed "may" issue, DC will cancel all CCPL. it is entirely possible SCOTUS will throw shall issue under the bus to deflect heat from abortion ruling

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    What's up with the DC government? I renewed my permit about a month ago. Contrary to the above, when the renewal was approved they said "Your renewed License will be mailed to your registered mailing address." Nothing arrived and my permit card is now expired. No further correspondence was received.

Could there be some confusion within MPD licensing?

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    What's up with the DC government? I renewed my permit about a month ago. Contrary to the above, when the renewal was approved they said "Your renewed License will be mailed to your registered mailing address." Nothing arrived and my permit card is now expired. No further correspondence was received.

Could there be some confusion within MPD licensing?

There are some polite well trained competent people in that office and some less than polite and less than competent people there as well. I would email them at the adminbox address.

Up until a month or two ago they were extending expired permits, but they no longer are and you need to sort it out ASAP. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom