• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    Looking for cheap 300 blk bullets for subsonic loads. I normally only shoot Sierra but I feel there should be some cheaper options. Any recommendations?

Major03

Ultimate Member
    How does $.13 per round sound? I have no problems or fouling in my suppressed .300AAC.

http://leatherheadbullets.com/30-cal-220-grn-rn-blackout-500-ct/

leatherheads work very well.

King Shooters Supply is another PC coated bullet I've used that are good to go as well. Slightly higher at $0.18 per bullet

http://www.kingshooters.com/300/-3014?caliber=100042&page=1&manufacturer=105793

The issue I've had with both of the PC coated bullets has been cases that don't chamber due to the .01 or .02 oversizing (depending on the brand).

And yes, I am aware that not all brass is 300 BLK reliable to convert...if you have a tight / match chamber the PC bullets can be problematic unless you turn necks.

If you go the route of the PC coated bullet and do have some issues, Lee makes a swaging die for bullets that takes them back to .308. Didn't bother the PC coating, solves the issue and accuracy was about the same.

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    Thanks. Looks like I need to due some research on PC bullets. Always shot jacketed. Just seems funny to have a colored bullet.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    yeah, I haven't been able to get the PC subs to shoot better than about 5 or 6 MOA. Haven't tried jacketed yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom