• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    The unmodified trigger is HORRENDOUS!!! I can't really prepare you for how bad it is. Get a 25lb. weight, tie a string to it, and tie it to a key chain ring. Next, put the ring on the pad of your index finger, and lift it off of the ground. That is about what it will be like.

And feels gritty too. Yet the SA pull is pretty nice.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Just did this to my 69, and it made a BIG difference. Not nearly as snappy and I can shoot it far more accurately. Thanks for posting this info. Great mod that makes a good gun better

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have a P64 and it's spunky as hell. My hand is sore after shooting it. I've heard nothing but good things about Wolf springs here, no matter what firearm they were installed in. Maybe it's time for my P64 as well.

I changed the springs on my P64 and took it to the range last weekend. Like a whole new pistol now. You will be happy you did it. :party29:

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    why2kmax & S&W19, are you guys talking about the stronger recoil springs? I put both the Wolff recoil and hammer springs in mine but haven't been able to get to the range yet. Big improvement in the DA trigger trigger pull from the hammer spring, but I'm wondering how much difference the recoil spring will make in reducing the pain of shooting this little gun.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    why2kmax & S&W19, are you guys talking about the stronger recoil springs? I put both the Wolff recoil and hammer springs in mine but haven't been able to get to the range yet. Big improvement in the DA trigger trigger pull from the hammer spring, but I'm wondering how much difference the recoil spring will make in reducing the pain of shooting this little gun.

You'll notice a difference, but don't expect it to be major. It is still going to be snappy... I use real mild reloads in mine, and also have the strongest recoil spring in it.

If it still bothers you, just wear a glove of some sort.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    You'll notice a difference, but don't expect it to be major. It is still going to be snappy... I use real mild reloads in mine, and also have the strongest recoil spring in it.

If it still bothers you, just wear a glove of some sort.

I did the springs reccomended here. 18lb hammer and 22 recoil
    Its still snappy but I can shoot it longer before my hand hurts and I can shoot it far more accurately than before. but it IS harder to pull that slide back as well

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County

I was strictly talking about trigger pull. 9x18 in a little gun is snappy, so you may like a glove or some kind of aftermarket grips to tone it down. It doesn't bother me too much, but I also shoot a PA-63, which is lightweight, and can really sting the web of my hand.
    If you find a good source for grips that help, let me know. I'd be willing to try them as well.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I did the springs reccomended here. 18lb hammer and 22 recoil
    Its still snappy but I can shoot it longer before my hand hurts and I can shoot it far more accurately than before. but it IS harder to pull that slide back as well
    I've heard of people not being able to get their slide back off when swapping to the heaviest recoil spring. The originals had flats ground into the ends so I do that to all mine I get from Wolff just in case... not sure if its necessary really

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom