CS Monitor: Will jihad-style attack boost 'bring gun to work' laws?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0...yle-attack-boost-bring-gun-to-work-laws-video

Gotta hand it to them for including their own form of "balance" to the end of the story...

Police also confirmed that Vaughan was acting as an individual and not on behalf of the local sheriff’s department when he fired his weapon. But the fact that Vaughan is a trained police officer may at least in part undercut the argument by gun proponents that everybody should have the right to bring their gun to work.

When I read an article like this, as a former journalist, I immediately see that the entire point of the article was to stir debate from THIS angle.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I like the idea of bring your gun to work day. Not applicable to postal workers.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2014/0...yle-attack-boost-bring-gun-to-work-laws-video

Gotta hand it to them for including their own form of "balance" to the end of the story...

When I read an article like this, as a former journalist, I immediately see that the entire point of the article was to stir debate from THIS angle.
    Right, so people who do not have the ( luxury ) of working with former, armed LEO are just fodder for the JIHAD, right? These people will stop at nothing to push their anti liberty agenda. It's sickening and shows their hand in clear light.

Today, a journalist would say that when the Japs said that they did not invade the us mainland because they knew that (behind every blad of grass was an American with a gun)
    What they were expressing was that the level of racism in the states was so high that they did not want to occupy such a land.

They have said such things..

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    "Much like a private homeowner is able to tell his guests whether they can bring a gun into his yard, FedEx should have the right to decide what it will and will not allow on its private property,"

OK, Fair enough. But If my employer specifically denies me the right to self defense while on their premises then I think they should assume complete responsibility for my safety.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    "Much like a private homeowner is able to tell his guests whether they can bring a gun into his yard, FedEx should have the right to decide what it will and will not allow on its private property,"

OK, Fair enough. But If my employer specifically denies me the right to self defense while on their premises then I think they should assume complete responsibility for my safety.

Agreed. And they should be subject to a lawsuit if they fail to provide the level of protection that your carrying would.

Feb 28, 2013
    As far as the end of the piece is concerned, isn't this why we advocate at least some training for anyone who uses a firearm, let alone for carry?!!

If registering for selective service is mandatory, firerarms training should be as well.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    As far as the end of the piece is concerned, isn't this why we advocate at least some training for anyone who uses a firearm, let alone for carry?!!
    If and only if it is incorporated as required high school curriculum. Otherwise anti gun types in government will make it expensive and inconvenient to deter people.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009

"advocate" is different from "mandate".

We don't advocate nor mandate training before being allowed to use the 1st ammendment, nor the others. Right? It is surely prudent to be adequately trained, but once "training" is mandated, the door is cracked, the wedge is placed and soon you have to pay more than you can afford and take longer than you can spend. Sort of sounds like a few states I know of...

Mr H

Banana'd
    "advocate" is different from "mandate".

We don't advocate nor mandate training before being allowed to use the 1st ammendment, nor the others. Right? It is surely prudent to be adequately trained, but once "training" is mandated, the door is cracked, the wedge is placed and soon you have to pay more than you can afford and take longer than you can spend. Sort of sounds like a few states I know of...

I say "advocate" specifically because it is prudent... but is something an individual should decide for themselves.

I take exception with "mandate", except where someone chooses a particular set of actions and proper training is essential for safety and security.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    Firearms training should be manditory, but it should not be a requirement of owning a firearm.

senior year of high school required course: safe and proper operation of firearms.

I know the progressives would surely tell you that is a very easy class.

if you see a firearm, S**t your pants run away and cry, dial 911 once you can find a phone

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Firearms training should be manditory, but it should not be a requirement of owning a firearm.

senior year of high school required course: safe and proper operation of firearms.

Many highschools in Alaska have indoor shooting ranges. But then, they dont have liberals either...

Feb 28, 2013
    Many highschools in Alaska have indoor shooting ranges. But then, they dont have liberals either...

That's because, much like Sarah Palin, the population of Alaska consists largely of backwoods hillbillies who simply don't care about the safety of their children.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom