• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    mom wins either way.

Mom sets it up that way all the time.

Best case for mon his guy wins in primary and general.
    Best case for us brochin wins in primary ans looses in general.

if a mix mom can tag Brochin as a weak candidate and isolate himself and the machine no matter what happens.

For mom backing briochin is a lose ,lose. If he wins he is stuck with him -- if he loses the machine looks week no win .
    Now if Brochin looses in the primary mom gets to introduce doubt that it has anything to do with us an claims 'credit' and blame so the machine looks more powerful even if it was all us ( likely since the mom brochin fued is not new ) so he wins again.

If we win it all he can point to the redistricting as well.

An in any case Brochin is expendable. If mon looses one D its not significant but if we fail to pick up a seat it is.

Mom has almost no way to lose by opposing Brochin

If he winds up helping Brochin he hurts us more that we hurts the machine.
    If he gets his man and helps us pick up an R its a small loss and it gets rid of a thorn in his side -- thus a warning to others that do not play along. Ans he will blame a weak candidate and the redistricting not 2a issues or even the rain tax.

I see no down side to this for mom no matter what happens. One R is a sammll proce to pay to keep the party in line ...

And I am not saying Brochin is a shoe in.. I am saying I like the chances against him in the general because of all his negative baggage-- baggage he can shed by ruining hard against the machine -- in fact its the only way he can do so.

A new face will machine backing and no negatives that runs hard against the rain tax will be hard to counter -- especially if the media decides to focus only on that issue. Moreover consider this --- we need to convince folks that an R can actually do something inn Annapolis --that it's not just a protest vote.

Now suppose you are a business that wants to actually curry favor -- who will you support ? Were will you put your money --- this is what we are up against ..

Running away from Brochin will not carry high penalty even if he losses as the machine as signaled that we has little power or influence -- but going against moms choice --- well that's going to be a hard sell for anyone with an interests to protect -- this is why incumbents tend to return each election...

MOM isn't running again (term limited) so what does it matter? And I agree with Mr. H, you give him too much credit.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    MOM isn't running again (term limited) so what does it matter? And I agree with Mr. H, you give him too much credit.

If he wants a shot at a cabinet position he must show he us still a force. And it makes no difference if its ' brilliant strategy' or dumb luck.

If Brochin goes down in the primary.. . the press will attribute it to the machine not us. Truth is not relevant. The machine looks stronger not weaker...

Either way it just an opinion... nothing more....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Julius has filed.

http://marylandreporter.com/2014/01/29/former-delegate-challenges-brochin-for-senate-seat/

O'Malley is protecting the Dem machine for Brown/Miller.

Insofar as funding and the incumbency, O'Malley/Brown control the purse strings. They can launder their own money to Julius instead of Brochin.

If it were me, I'd hold my nose, hope Brochin repents, and trash Julius. If Julius wins, she'll just be a crony for the Brown admin.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Republican Cavey helping Larry Hogan’s campaign
    Republican Chris Cavey, former chair of the Baltimore County GOP, filed for the District 42 Senate seat in November.
    However, his fundraising has been meager, raising only $12,000 last year, and having only $7,500 cash on hand this month.

Read more: http://marylandreporter.com/2014/01...lenges-brochin-for-senate-seat/#ixzz2rtLn6xie
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Ok do we want to back an R or not? He needs help.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Ok do we want to back an R or not? He needs help.

Cavey is our best chance of helping Brochin look for a new job in November. As a DINO, I am still torn about which way to go in the June primary, but come November I have no doubt where my vote will be going.

I have no doubt as to where a chunk of my cash will be going as well. I'm not filthy, stinkin' rich and contributions to MSI, NRA, SAF, etc. all involve some level of sacrifice. I think Chris Cavey is worth investing in.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Cavey is our best chance of helping Brochin look for a new job in November. As a DINO, I am still torn about which way to go in the June primary, but come November I have no doubt where my vote will be going.

I have no doubt as to where a chunk of my cash will be going as well. I'm not filthy, stinkin' rich and contributions to MSI, NRA, SAF, etc. all involve some level of sacrifice. I think Chris Cavey is worth investing in.

Totally agree. Chris gets my money and vote.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    As with most things, this will come down to money. I know nothing of Connie Dejulius' politics, but if she's getting money from O'Malley, I don't suppose I need ask a lot of questions. Brochin's got a five to one advantage in money over her. Hopefully he is forced to spend quite a bit of it in the primary. But first thing's first - the GOP needs to run a damn candidate.

After that, we donate. Early and often. I gave Brochin the benefit of the doubt in the last election cycle and he funked us all with FSA2013. He's a liar and I don't trust him at all. He can FOAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom