• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just do it in cold air, because it's less dense(which is why you can pack more air in a cylinder...u know....because cold air is less dense) and the contracted barrel will give you more velocity the colder it gets... It's facts....according to ih8demlibz. That guy is always full of helpul information...

I was hoping to never see the "cold air is less dense" thing come up again. Same goes for using small pistol primers in .223 cases. Same goes for 1 bar of 3% antimony lead and 2 bars of pure lead result in sabots of 3% antimony because that antimony does not just evaporate.

Hoping I am never responsible for any quotes like that and wondering how people are not blowing themselves up in their basements.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I was hoping to never see the "cold air is less dense" thing come up again. Same goes for using small pistol primers in .223 cases. Same goes for 1 bar of 3% antimony lead and 2 bars of pure lead result in sabots of 3% antimony because that antimony does not just evaporate.

Hoping I am never responsible for any quotes like that and wondering how people are not blowing themselves up in their basements.

LOL. Which is more dense? Warm air, cold air or the person who originally made that statement? Doh.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Potato?:innocent0

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    if it's a boltie, remove the bolt, and look through the bore until it's aimed at a certain part of your wall, then adjust the scope so it's aimed at maybe four inches above that spot.

If you're using a semi auto, you can either get a laser bore sight, or if it's an AR do as above, or aim at something with your iron sights, and then adjust the scope to the same point of aim.

Then go to the range, hit paper, and adjust.

And remember, unless it SPECIFICALLY SAYS OTHERWISE, the directions are for moving the GROUP to the point of aim, NOT THE POINT OF AIM TO THE GROUP!!!!

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD

I think you'll be fine so long as you don't make SEVENTEEN POSTS DEFENDING YOUR IDIOCY AFTERWARDS

And yes, I know I broke the caps law. sue me:D

Feb 28, 2013
    Boresight first. That will get you on paper. Then you can zero in at the range.

That's what I need to do with my SP1. Granted, the 3x20 Colt scope that's on it may or may not be the best. I dunno.
    But I would at least like to make the gun shoot the best it can for the way it was originally designed.

Any recommendations for a good boresighter?

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    eyeball? :)

just take the upper off, get it on a rest or vise (i know a ferret guy who has one if you don't) and then remove the BCG. look through the bore at something maybe 25-50 yards away, then get the scope as centered as possible on whatever you see centered in the bore.

enough to get you on paper, fo' sho'.

Feb 28, 2013
    eyeball? :)

just take the upper off, get it on a rest or vise (i know a ferret guy who has one if you don't) and then remove the BCG. look through the bore at something maybe 25-50 yards away, then get the scope as centered as possible on whatever you see centered in the bore.

enough to get you on paper, fo' sho'.

That's worth a try.

I was looking at those laser ones earlier, since I might wanna do it on some other guns. Are they worth the money?

Last edited:

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    That's worth a try.

I was looking at those laser ones earlier, since I might wanna do it on some other guns. Are they worth the money?

I would say yes since they will get you on paper pretty quick. I'm always messing around with AR's and changing red dots & barrels etc. The laser does save me some ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom