• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I agree on a great many things with Mr. Noir but I will politely disagree with this issue. On the surface to the uneducated it is a black and white issue but if you dig deep it was a game of one up manship by our side. When the antis pressed Starbucks about their stance on guns and Starbucks deferred to local laws and ordinances the 2A supporters took the chance to toss it into the faces of the Antis by having "Appreciation Days" which were nothing more than OC rallys claiming, "Mission Accomplished", and just like with GWB, the cart was put before the horse.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I agree on a great many things with Mr. Noir but I will politely disagree with this issue. On the surface to the uneducated it is a black and white issue but if you dig deep it was a game of one up manship by our side. When the antis pressed Starbucks about their stance on guns and Starbucks deferred to local laws and ordinances the 2A supporters took the chance to toss it into the faces of the Antis by having "Appreciation Days" which were nothing more than OC rallys claiming, "Mission Accomplished", and just like with GWB, the cart was put before the horse.

Did you hear the entire video? He said they had the "right" to have the demonstrations, but in the end said it went overboard once people came in by the dozens with rifles strapped across their backs.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Did you hear the entire video? He said they had the "right" to have the demonstrations, but in the end said it went overboard once people came in by the dozens with rifles strapped across their backs.

Yes I watched the whole video. But his point was Starbucks came out as "closet" antis. When I do not see that YET. They have not changed their position, YET.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Those stickers were never made by Starbucks.

Starbucks BEGGED to remain neutral. They BEGGED to stay out of it.

The pro-2a crowd kept wanting to have "Starbucks apperciation days" and flooding their stores with people carrying guns and then try to turn it into national PR.

The pro-2a community forced their hand, when they should have left well enough alone.

As a community, are we retarded? Not everybody is pro or anti gun, and most businesses know better than to a take a political stance on something that might affect their customer base one way or another. I am sitting here shaking my head.

I have two neighbors arguing over complete BS that started before I even moved into this neighborhood and they both want me to support them. I have told them over and over again that I am Switzerland on this and know nothing about what went on years ago here. However, they continue to talk to me about this BS.

I really feel sorry for Starbucks. I meet with a lot of clients there and will not change my position in that regard over this BS.

Thanks for the info you and others provided on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom